• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

PSA S7201

I was all ready to buy four of them, but under the "Quantity" pull-down menu it would only let me do two, so I dropped the idea.

Together with an Amazon Echo, they would have made a killer system.

Jeff

Tom V. just "popped up" on my screen while looking at it; I told him Jeff wanted 4 but couldn't order them. He should be in touch, Jeff.

I am with Jeff, four is best - two for stereo music setup and tunes for such, and two for the mono LFE signal spaced to get the best sound in the room.

I am with Jeff, four is best - two for stereo music setup and tunes for such, and two for the mono LFE signal spaced to get the best sound in the room.
No no no!

I recommended four (4) for a mono Amazon Echo.

If you're talking stereo (ie. dual Echoes) , you're gonna need eight (8) altogether!

Sheesh!

Jeff

"Reactive force canceling driver array" = push/pull??
Sort of. See how they're firing at each other? That means the net force exerted is zero. Otherwise, the cabinet would be trying to move up and down with as the drivers moved. It would be cool to have the arrangement like that and put a scale under it and watch the "weight" change.

John

Sort of. See how they're firing at each other? That means the net force exerted is zero. Otherwise, the cabinet would be trying to move up and down with as the drivers moved. It would be cool to have the arrangement like that and put a scale under it and watch the "weight" change.

John
For shits and giggles I'd try placing one on its side, re-wiring the phase of the drivers so they're all exerting a force in the same direction at the same time, and attaching a dustmop to it. "See Honey. It's not a new sub; it's the latest and greatest Roomba!" (Or more aptly: "Boomba"!)

Hi all,

The B4+ was definitely an inspiration. This is the B4+ as it should have been...sort of like Gandalf the white!

Here's a few shots that may be of interest.

Tom V.
Power Sound Audio

Attachments

• s7201_12.JPG
    s7201_12.JPG
    130.2 KB · Views: 34
  • s7201_21.JPG
    s7201_21.JPG
    105.4 KB · Views: 32
  • s7201_9.JPG
    s7201_9.JPG
    119.1 KB · Views: 33
  • s7201_24.JPG
    s7201_24.JPG
    127.8 KB · Views: 33
  • s7201_25.JPG
    s7201_25.JPG
    123.5 KB · Views: 35
Hey Tom,

Those are the least Chinese-looking Chinese employees I've ever seen. What's up with that?!

:)

Jeff

Back