• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

QLED - fix it by dropping it

I see long lines forming of people demanding refunds.

Interesting, I wouldn't expect huge numbers of returns because I think the vast majority of buyers quit looking at review sites once the purchase is made. And the video makes it very clear that the difference between 800 nits and the 1000 nits in the spec is indistinguishable to most customers. I'd expect this to have a bigger impact on future sales. This YouTube channel has 22K subscribers which is significant but is a pretty small number compared to sites like cnet.

Very interesting.

Seems like their shipping/packaging engineering process broke down, unless the disposition was not to address this issue.

Interesting, I wouldn't expect huge numbers of returns because I think the vast majority of buyers quit looking at review sites once the purchase is made. And the video makes it very clear that the difference between 800 nits and the 1000 nits in the spec is indistinguishable to most customers. I'd expect this to have a bigger impact on future sales. This YouTube channel has 22K subscribers which is significant but is a pretty small number compared to sites like cnet.

This is a top of the line product. If I spent $2,500+ on a TV because I thought it was that much better than a similarly sized $700 TV, because I wanted the best possible picture, and then learned that is very easily could not meet the specs I thought I was purchasing, I would return it and buy a competing brand. I imagine a large percentage of buyers would act similarly.

... and then learned that is very easily could not meet the specs I thought I was purchasing, .

That's my point. What percentage of buyers who now have these in there homes are still going out and reading highly technical reviews looking for problems?

My father just bought two QLED sets, one 55" and one 65" because he has had great experiences with Samsung TVs over the years and is used to their Smart TV interface. I hope he got good ones.

So... three people then.

I disagree completely with that sentiment. While I do agree that serious hobbyist are not the vast majority of buyers, I do believe the amount of serious hobbyist is a large number by itself. Since these are among the most expensive readily available TVs available, they are likely attracting more serious hobbyists who care than, say, the TVs which cost half as much.

But, all I did was make a joke about a manufacturer screwing up and you turned it into a debate about whether or not people care enough to notice their expensive TV may suck.

It's the weekend.
Have a drink.
Relax.

And if people were seriously into this as a hobby they probably wouldn't have bought a QLED which IMO is Samsung's attempt to take advantage over consumer confusion with OLED.

But seriously.
Relax.

This is relaxing. By worrying about how wrong everyone else is on the internetz I am not thinking about the real stresses in my life.

I was excited to see what QLED would bring to the market.

Unfortunately, more edge lit displays with a fancy new name from Samsung is what we have. I'm happy I got my OLED when I did.

Which OLED did you get Dog? I don't remember that (but I forget much these days). Prolly an LG, but what size/curved?

I picked up the LG 65" just before the Superbowl from Best Buy for around $2500.

It's PQ is indescribably stunning.

I don't believe I've seen an OLED with a curved screen

D

Cool! Oh yeah, for a short time you could only get LGs curved (a stupid idea imnsho).

Back