• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Really? Does this happen to you?

Snake Doctor

As you know I am very selective with my equipment and while I am not finished this project has taken years. Now my wife understands this and is supportive.....but, why would she drape something over one of my speakers?

Does this happen to you and am I being a hard ass? Just wondering.

image.jpeg

Last edited:
My wife sees ANY flat surface as a barren wasteland just begging to be covered with objects, decorations, knickknacks, etc. It pains her greatly to see the tops of speakers empty (but not as much as it would if she placed anything on them). :mad:

So, yeah. If left up to her, she'd probably wrap ribbon and wrapping paper around the speakers to decorate for Christmas.

Last edited:
One of my Koss CM/1030s still shows signs of old water damage repair due to a planter mysteriously deciding that it needed to be on top of it. Other than a cat who once clawed through a grille cloth (the LAST time we ever had a cat that wasn't declawed as soon as possible) I'm thinking that a certain wife has tended to be more destructive to my gear than just about anything else.

My other fave: filled-to-the-brim coffee cups sitting on top of a pre/pro or amp's vents - because that seemed like another great place to perch something filled with potentially destructive liquid!

Jeff

One of my Koss CM/1030s still shows signs of old water damage repair due to a planter mysteriously deciding that it needed to be on top of it. Other than a cat who once clawed through a grille cloth (the LAST time we ever had a cat that wasn't declawed as soon as possible) I'm thinking that a certain wife has tended to be more destructive to my gear than just about anything else.

My other fave: filled-to-the-brim coffee cups sitting on top of a pre/pro or amp's vents - because that seemed like another great place to perch something filled with potentially destructive liquid!

Jeff

Jeff that is terrible. I think I would lose it if someone set a cup of anything liquid on my pre/pro or amp. Liquid and electronics do not play well together and it has been my experience that electronics always lose.

Way back when , my mother and father in law were visiting us. It was after supper and I was looking for coffee mugs and dessert plates for washing up. Asked my mother in law where she had put hers " Over there on that wee black box" was her reply . They were sitting on top of my Mini Monitors!! Fast forward a decade or so and my kids and my wife routinely leave cups, plates , you name it on top of those same Mini Monitors....so far without any negative outcomes!!!
Mike

So, yeah. If left up to her, she'd probably wrap ribbon and wrapping paper around the speakers to decorate for Christmas.

^ I so would NOT do this!

I may have issues with, as Zing says, barren wasteland. I simply like to decorate and add color and tasteful additions to our home. That is all.

Back