• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Road trip list

Dentman

For some fun let's here your top 5 road trip albums. First some ground rules.
1. This list should be somewhat enjoyable by your spouse and children, say age 13 and up.

2. For the sake of this conversation try and keep your list to fairly well known artist.

3. No greatest hits stuff.

My list is as follows;

1. Elton John, Goodby Yellow Brick Road.
2. Beatles, Magical Mystery Tour.
3. Johny Cash, Live from Folsum Prison.
4. Fleetwood Mac, Rumours.
5. Meatloaf, Bat out of Hell.

Many obvious choices but remember the family theme and also known artist thing. None the less all these albums are great no matter how obvious they may be. Let me state that this would not be my solo road trip list.

1. Prince - Sign of the Times
  2. Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul
  3. Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
  4. Corrine Baily Rae - Self Titled
  5. Aretha Franklin - Amazing Grace
This was difficult because for road trips I often go to the 'greatest hits' for artists I really like. So my road trips would include: Parliament/Funkadelic, Ohio Players, The O'Jays, The Beatles, Chaka Khan, etc. But I would tend to prefer the greatest hits offerings with them but since you excluded that in your rules I stuck with the typical go to albums that I regularly use.

1. Prince - Sign of the Times
  2. Isaac Hayes - Hot Buttered Soul
  3. Amy Winehouse - Back to Black
  4. Corrine Baily Rae - Self Titled
  5. Aretha Franklin - Amazing Grace
This was difficult because for road trips I often go to the 'greatest hits' for artists I really like. So my road trips would include: Parliament/Funkadelic, Ohio Players, The O'Jays, The Beatles, Chaka Khan, etc. But I would tend to prefer the greatest hits offerings with them but since you excluded that in your rules I stuck with the typical go to albums that I regularly use.
I'm very aware of your road trip mix! In fact I'm about 14 hours straight familiar with that list.

For some fun let's here your top 5 road trip albums. First some ground rules.
1. This list should be somewhat enjoyable by your spouse and children, say age 13 and up.

2. For the sake of this conversation try and keep your list to fairly well known artist.

3. No greatest hits stuff.

My list is as follows;

1. Elton John, Goodby Yellow Brick Road.
2. Beatles, Magical Mystery Tour.
3. Johny Cash, Live from Folsum Prison.
4. Fleetwood Mac, Rumours.
5. Meatloaf, Bat out of Hell.

Many obvious choices but remember the family theme and also known artist thing. None the less all these albums are great no matter how obvious they may be. Let me state that this would not be my solo road trip list.

Based on my last experience with road tripping with significant other and kids rule #1 pretty much excludes anything I would have to offer.

Given the whole "family friendly" thing, other than Smile and Leftoverture this is not my personal trip list:

1. Brian Wilson Presents Smile
  2. Jellyfish - Bellybutton
  3. Jethro Tull - Songs from the Wood
  4. Gigolo Aunts - Major Chords and Minor Themes
  5. Kansas - Leftoverture

1. John Prine - Lost Dogs and Mixed Blessings
2. The Beatles - Rubber Soul
3. Lester Young & Teddy Wilson - Prez and Teddy
4. Bruce Springsteen - The Wild, the Innocent and the E street Shuffle
5 Mark Knopfler & Emmy Lou Harris - All the Road Running

Rush - Moving Pictures
Pat Travers Band - Go For What You Know, Live!
John Mayer - Battle Studies
The Who - Quadrophenia
Billy Joel - Storm Front

Back