• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Roger Waters Us + Them Tour 2017

AndySTL

I just got home from seeing Roger Waters in St. Louis. It was the 3rd show on the 2017 tour. It was great. I never thought I would see live Pink Floyd and this was a dream come true. The first half of the show was a little low on energy for my preference but damn did the second set deliver. I can't completely decide which performance was my favorite but the highlights for me were Welcome to the Machine, Eclipse, and Comfortably Numb. The staging was probably the most elaborate I have ever seen. Even his new material had me dialed in. If you live near a venue for this tour I highly recommend you attend!

Unless you are a sensitive Trump fan and then you might consider skipping. Apparently Roger Waters is not a fan.

So, I have to echo Andys thoughts and my buddy Scott and I both agreed the second half of the show was probably better than the first. WOW, what a concert, what a show, what a performance. The band was incredible. The lead guitarist was AMAZING, he hit every note and to be quite honest if you closed your eyes you may have thought you were listening to David Gilmore. I was not super excited about going because I always felt myself aligned a little more with the Gilmore camp, but holy cow Roger Waters did not disappoint.

Highlights of the show were Welcome to the Machine, Eclipse, Comfortably Numb (amazing), Money, Another Brick in the Wall Part 2, gheez it just goes on. I also thought his newer stuff was really good and I never lost interest, not for one second. Biggest backdrop/video screen I think I have ever seen, video was crystal clear, fantastic video. lighting, effects, etc.

HIGHLY RECCOMENDED! I initially bawked at the ticket prices. A couple of buddies of mine mentioned going and when we checked the ticket prices we all said no. Then, my buddy Scott, thank you Scott, called me and said he had tickets and asked me to go. This was his Christmas present from his wife. I said yes, we went and I saw one of the best shows I have seen to date.

I love Roger's ability to entertain, but the last time I saw him his constant smug political banter and anti-Israeli lectures was hard to sit through. I hope he is back to entertaining.

I love Roger's ability to entertain, but the last time I saw him his constant smug political banter and anti-Israeli lectures was hard to sit through. I hope he is back to entertaining.

It was all in the background. Stuff on the video etc. There was nothing anti-Israeli that I picked up on, but there was plenty of political stuff. Man, I wish I could remember details from stuff like that better.

The show was great, but he definitely hit on the political stuff pretty hard.

34972311046_3e29ac39fc_k.jpg
IMG_4426[/url] by Andy, on Flickr[/IMG]

[url=https://flic.kr/p/U7gSSx]IMG_4429
by Andy, on Flickr

IMG_4437 by Andy, on Flickr[/url]

Back