• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Rogue One a Star Wars story

MatthewB

Grandmaster Pimp Daddy
Famous
anyone catching this one this weekend. I've read it has some epic battle scenes but haven't heard much more. As a Star Wars fan (saw the original as a ten year old over 50 times in the theater as a kid. So I'm going). Anyone else?

We saw TFA last year during a family outing on Xmas Day with my parents.....as long as they release SW films in December for the foreseeable future I see this as something we will continue to do...long story short, we're seeing it on Xmas.

We saw TFA last year during a family outing on Xmas Day with my parents.....as long as they release SW films in December for the foreseeable future I see this as something we will continue to do...long story short, we're seeing it on Xmas.
What a great family tradition. We used to always go see a movie with my grandfather on New Years Day growing up. Good times!

Had an old gift card laying in a drawer for years checked the balance and it still had 15.00 on it. Although not for my beloved Cine Capri theater this card is for Cinemark and the theater I chose is a full size theater but only has 50 or so seats. Each double seat is like a queen size bed that reclines or you can just lay down on. Never been to this theater but it's 1.5 miles away 3D movie with bed seats and both tickets only cost me 5.00 with my 15.00 gift card someone had given me. So seeing it Sunday morning.

Surprised nobody has posted that they had at least seen it. Wife and I were able to see it yesterday, and overall we enjoyed it. Although, this doesn't feel like your typical Star Wars movie, especially with the music. There's also a couple of faces that I think people will be surprised to see. I knew it was set between 3 and 4, but I didn't realize how close to 4 it is. Overall, a pretty decent movie, and some of the aerial fight scenes are really good, but for whatever reason, it just doesn't have that epic feel that Star Wars movies usually have.

I am really impressed. When it was made public that the original release date was cancelled and they were rewriting and reshooting parts of the movie, I expected it to be a failure. Usually with the studio funding a money gets so involved in the creative process it results in catastrophic failure - look at the original theatrical releases of Brazil and Bladerunner which were huge disappointments compared to the director's cuts which nearly everyone agrees were groundbreaking and highly entertaining.

I cannot think of a single time prior to this that studio meddling improved a movie - either that or perhaps this good movie would have been spectacular had the original vision been realized.

Still waiting for movie times to be posted for Xmas day at my local theater so I can pre-purchase. I'm having a bit of an issue holding out that long :smile:

I am really impressed. When it was made public that the original release date was cancelled and they were rewriting and reshooting parts of the movie, I expected it to be a failure. Usually with the studio funding a money gets so involved in the creative process it results in catastrophic failure - look at the original theatrical releases of Brazil and Bladerunner which were huge disappointments compared to the director's cuts which nearly everyone agrees were groundbreaking and highly entertaining.

I cannot think of a single time prior to this that studio meddling improved a movie - either that or perhaps this good movie would have been spectacular had the original vision been realized.
Thank god that WB doesn't own the franchise, it would've most likely been a clusterfuck.

I thought it was AWESOME. In tone, generally very different from previous. Though Episode II and III were truly the "rise of the Empire",
the look of the film was very "Hollywood", bright and clear. This was lots of dark, gritty looking scenes.
Lots of rain. Overall gloominess throughout. Gray skies.

Almost how Deadpool was a MCU movie, this is a Star Wars movie.

As someone said, "the first Star Wars movie that lived up to the "Wars" part of the title".

I really want to see it, but still haven't been able to- the weather here in town SUCKED this weekend and we've had a lot of stuff going on anyway. I have no idea when I'll get to see it- this is why I'm not a huge fan of stuff opening this close to Christmas... one thing leads to another and next thing I know it's been weeks and I've still not seen it.

Was simply amazed at how well they did at bringing back some of the characters from the original film with computer graphics. I really thought Gov Tarkin was an actual actor they found to portray him but just read he was all computer generated and damn if I wasn't fooled. Loved the easy transition between this film and A New Hope. Granted this entire film was based on one line from the original Star Wars film when the Senator is giving the speech while displaying the way to destroy the Death Star and she says, "many banthams died getting us this information". One simple sentence was the entire premise for this movie. I found parts of the film slow and boring but overall I rather enjoyed this side story. Saw the 3D version and was rather miffed as there was nothing I mean nothing at all to be gained by seeing the 3D version other than some added depth scenes between a character talking and things going on in the background. Other than that skip the 3D version.

Was simply amazed at how well they did at bringing back some of the characters from the original film with computer graphics. I really thought Gov Tarkin was an actual actor they found to portray him but just read he was all computer generated and damn if I wasn't fooled. Loved the easy transition between this film and A New Hope. Granted this entire film was based on one line from the original Star Wars film when the Senator is giving the speech while displaying the way to destroy the Death Star and she says, "many banthams died getting us this information". One simple sentence was the entire premise for this movie. I found parts of the film slow and boring but overall I rather enjoyed this side story. Saw the 3D version and was rather miffed as there was nothing I mean nothing at all to be gained by seeing the 3D version other than some added depth scenes between a character talking and things going on in the background. Other than that skip the 3D version.

The many bothans died line is from Return of the Jedi.

I loved the ending and how it flows right in to a New Hope. All the cameos were awesome, especially Tarkin who was in quite a few scenes. As soon as I got home I watched a New Hope just to compare Tarkins and damn they did an excellent job.

Mr. 6 you are correct I could've sworn that line was from A New Hope but just looked it up and it is from Jedi. Thanks for the correction.

I think the wife and I are going to try and see it tomorrow (she's off early in the afternoon). I'm really looking forward to it.

Incidentally, I'm half tempted to start giving announcements and following them up with a somber "Many Bothans died to bring us this information."

I really enjoyed this new "Wars" movies and haven't really felt that way about one since the original IV, V, and VI.
"Best movie since Empire"????? ... not for me... but best since the original 3.
Now I heard this was a lead up to the "New Hope", my chronological order is a bit lost (happening more and more over the years), but it seams like a lead up to "Return of the Jedi"

I really enjoyed this new "Wars" movies and haven't really felt that way about one since the original IV, V, and VI.
"Best movie since Empire"????? ... not for me... but best since the original 3.
Now I heard this was a lead up to the "New Hope", my chronological order is a bit lost (happening more and more over the years), but it seams like a lead up to "Return of the Jedi"

Return of the Jedi had all the Bothans dying for the plans to Death Star 2. This one is DS1.

Back