1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Room layout, what to do?

Discussion in 'Acoustics' started by bmwuk, Aug 16, 2017.

1. bmwuk

bmwuk Active Member

Okay, let me try to post here because I am going to need help since the layout leaves one relection wall and one not. It is what it is for this house.

Here is a Pic of floor plan and the other is my temporary furniture and layout of front soundstage. I am hoping to get a more ideal situation of mounting tv and getting a narrower 2x2 cabinet with center on top so I can fit a sub possibly. However open to suggestions. Again once situated i will run new wires in-wall for rears.

Questions

1. Acoustic treatments for reflections? I have two minitraps from years ago. Mount behind speakers on front wall? Seems like one side wall yes but what about other void that goes into computer area?
    2. Where to place sub? Haven't bought but suggestions welcome to placement and what to cover volume of room?
    3. I have only openings. Not doors. Is this an issue?

Bookshelf I fixed to wall. Won't be moving because computer area has other items rps20170815_104622.jpg rps20170816_204205.jpg

Thanks. I know this crossed more than acoustics

2. malsackj

malsackj Well-Known Member

Acoustic treatment for the speaker near the wall to help center the imaging. This will reduce the 1st point reflections. The speaker with no wall will not have the 1st reflections matching. So this will be a big help on your sound and room. Next would be the bass trap.

bmwuk likes this.
  3. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

^Good advice.

I'd treat the wall directly behind the right front speaker as well as the wall to its right.

bmwuk likes this.
  4. bmwuk

bmwuk Active Member

Thanks for the replies. I have been off the forum for a bit and now just seeing it. You all are confirming my thoughts. I have tow minitraps and i guess just get panels for right wall