• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Saldog / Renate New House in OKC

saldog

Sorry for the long absence. Been crazy here with the new job, looking for a new house, closing on said house, upacking all our crap, getting the kids settled into school, etc.

The bad news: no more theater. We'll make due with what we have for now. The good news: a much bigger, newer, prettier house (for ~the same $$ as our old one in PA!).

A few pictures for your viewing enjoyment.

Front of house

30284989605_55930b658f_b.jpg

Back of house
30284929565_683490f814_b.jpg

View from kitchen, with dining room on right, family room straight back
29654472523_e2f6cf32c1_b.jpg

Foyer into living room
30199360601_1c569b1deb_b.jpg

Loft area at top of stairs (pic from listing; looks alot different now with it sectioned off via bookshelves to create a space for the kids, with my 60" plasma set up).
29988802780_acaaf4e958_h.jpg

Here was my old 46" tv on the mantle when i was first unpacking stuff and streaming Plex :) That TV is now in the master BR.
29988652320_d5ff811629_h.jpg

And what it looks like now, with my new purchase, a Vizio M70-D3 70" UHD tv with HDR. Also bought a Monoprice tv mount for above the fireplace.

Up:
29654193354_7b95bf6d61_c.jpg

Down:
29654416113_f889629d43_c.jpg

Yes, i need to do some zip tying to clean up wires. And yes, Zing, those are the Polk speakers i bought from you several years ago :)

Last edited:
Nice! That back porch is crying out for a Big Green Egg and a Blackstone griddle!

How do you like the Vizio TV? They seem to be getting great reviews.

Vizio TV is great so far. I wasn't sure 65" would be big enough in that room, and there aren't many 70" tvs (75" tvs really jump up in price). The M-series Vizio is FALD, 4K, HDR (both versions), etc. I briefly considered doing a 65" OLED, but for 50% more price, i didn't think the picture quality difference was worth it. I really like the Vizio so far. Eventually i'll need to get: a new receiver with HDMI 2.0a, an Xbox1S, and new speakers (although the Polks actually sound quite good, and i'm sure that's partly because i cross them over to the S3000i at 120hz).

Pull-down mount:
http://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=15618

Well I know a guy.....if you're interested in Marantz. :biggrin:

Ditto, pics are showing only a circle with line in it for me. Bandwidth limitations on your pic host site, maybe?

Hmm, using Google (all pics i take with my phone get automatically backed up to Google Photos). Weird that it works for some and not others.

I'll try to figure it out.

Fix your f'ing pictures Mike!!!

Relax your tights, i'm working on it. Due to my employer's draconian IT policies, i can't upload any pictures to any image hosting site. Have to do it on my phone, which has shitty service in our Faraday-cage-like building.

Yup, I see the pics now, thanks. Yeah, love that back porch. Nice digs!

What a lovely home! I like the colored chevron wood in the foyer picture. Seems to be a closet on the other side of it. I wish you & Renate many happy years there. ;)

Back