• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Samurai Marathon - a must

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
Good morning,

I just finished watching this, and since its on sale at 12.99, i thought id send a shout out.

This has been a great rebirth into the samurai genre.

Really solid movie. i am glad i bought it even at 14.99

This felt again like a japanese movie paced to accomodate a western audience a bit.

For those who are interested in bushido, this is a must.

Monkey, this is definitely up your alley. i think wardsweb might like this one too.

Side note,

Been playing ghost of tsushima, thus the rekindling of a lost genre i watched back then.

Even went to the point of looking for my old dvds,

Twilight samurai,

The Hidden Blade...

Ichi (woman version)

Zatoichi (beat takeshi version)

While I'm at it, I recently also watched the outsider on Netflix. I posted my thoughts on one of the threads. Sorry on phone, so cant dive spee on it. Also watching kid.

I hope you like the movie buddy. I was very pleased with it. Super.

Just saw another movie I MIGHT recommend. Its an anime, so dont know how you feel about it.

Sword of the stranger, it's on blu ray.

Let's see if I can link it via phone....

I may be doing some movie watching this week so I may have to check some of these out.

I need a vacation is what I need. A week of nothing but being a bum and watching movies and doing very little in the line of productivity.

Jomari do you remember our well researched mega Samurai thread on S&V back in the day? We had so many good films covered. Would take months to replicate.

Jomari do you remember our well researched mega Samurai thread on S&V back in the day? We had so many good films covered. Would take months to replicate.

you kidding me? it was actually in the other forum i believe, it was called the asian thread or something.

it included a trilogy of chinese, japanese and korean films mostly.

i was planning on trying to build a list here, of movies you would be able to buy, and not just rent. i mean, solid movies period. not gonna show up all of a sudden at netflix, and wouldnt bum you out because it dropped from asking price of 20 bucks (which i did by the way), and find out a week or two later, sucks balls at the 9.99 bin.

i did a bit of youtubing the other night as i couldnt find my dvd of hidden blade. the last scene stuck me so much it was nice to 'rewatch' it over and over.

Have you seen Love and Honor from Twilight Samurai/Hidden Blade series?

IMDB listing...

of course i imdb'ed it, and sucked me right in.

problem is now i know the whole goddamn plot.

i want to, but will watch the trailer first hand.

its going to take a while to 'readjust' to watching japanese paced movies, after seeing both of these movies. its not difficult, but at times, you want to make sure that you appreciate their tempo too.

I may be doing some movie watching this week so I may have to check some of these out.

I need a vacation is what I need. A week of nothing but being a bum and watching movies and doing very little in the line of productivity.

what do you have in mind?

i can help with netflix recommendations,

no amazon sorry.

but if you do rentals, i can help with that too.

are you geared towards asian movies? or anything mind numbing in particular?

what do you have in mind?

i can help with netflix recommendations,

no amazon sorry.

but if you do rentals, i can help with that too.

are you geared towards asian movies? or anything mind numbing in particular?

Nothing in particular I like some of that genre that I have seen and just figured it may be worth checking out.

I should have had some free time in the evenings this week but that has already changed.

its going to take a while to 'readjust' to watching japanese paced movies, after seeing both of these movies. its not difficult, but at times, you want to make sure that you appreciate their tempo too.

I happed to love slow burn movies with big payoffs... or essentially the core approach for most great Samurai films. But I like this style in any genre.

zatoichi is always a great start for some bushido badassm. but it also takes a bit of understanding the time period it was created in. it will show its age at times, some sazzy disco music, wierd makeup etc.

the traditional earlier ones show a great start for it.

ichi is a female version

zatoichi with beat takeshi is still good too.

Just saw another movie I MIGHT recommend. Its an anime, so dont know how you feel about it.

Sword of the stranger, it's on blu ray.

Let's see if I can link it via phone....

watched this one, although i wont say its the best sword play ive seen in years as others claim it to be, its impressive for an ANIME. try doing that via live action of course it wont work. the way its 'drawn' is a bit less fluid and more blurred. but i appreciate the style tho.

not bad, but i will try to find more stuff.

meanwhile, been watching karate stuff too via youtube,

i saw The human weapon series again, which lasted one episode, and showcased karate.

super awesome. bought the series on blu-ray for 20 bucks. i want to watch it, but i can barely even finish a goddamn video on my tablet what more placing in a disc in a blu-ray player.

sex life? oh please. just let me goddamn sleep for 4 hours straight without a screaming kid.

f*ck i cant even wank off if i wanted to.

Back