• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

SFN TV new streaming service

Barney

Longhorns, Cowboys, Spurs, & Rangers...love Texas
www.southernfibernet.com

This is a new streaming service out of Atlanta. They have several different packages. Its a private channel on Roku. I'm considering the sports package. A Roku forum member just got the sports package & said its great. You can view on different devices, also has DVR.

Competition is growing !

Nice.
The streaming competition is indeed growing and gaining momentum.
DirecTV has announced that they will launch a three streaming packages later this year.

:text-link:

Deacon, do you know anything about this Company ? They supply internet service, 1G I think, in the Atlanta area. Have they been around for awhile ? Just wondering. Folks that have signed up for their streaming services love the packages but their DVR is suppost to be updated sometime today. They have been overwhelmed with orders that their site shut down, no emails, etc. But they corrected it and are updating.
This happened with Sling and Vue. I remember when Netflix was starting up their streaming service, they had issues also.

I plan on taking a look at that service. I've been pretty happy with SlingTV, but DVR capability is a good thing. That's the only downer about Sling is the amount of time you have to watch a given show. With DVR it was anytime you wanted as long as you still had it on the HDD, but with Sling and some other apps, you have a limited time before the oldest episode is deleted.

Minor inconvenience.

^^^
Yesfan, you did notice the sports package includes SEC ESPN Network and Big Ten Network ? If it had Longhorn ESPN Network (don't think it ever will since the Company is in Atlanta) I would have already signed up.

Back