• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

SiriusXM on Squeezebox - No More WTF

hawk52

I received an email from SiriusXM below. Basically at the end of the month I can't use the app that is on the SB. Anyone else get this if you stream from Sirius from SB? I'll call the number below and try to get to Logitech too. If anyone has this issue and a solution, please pass it along. I'll do the same once I know something either way.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Service Notification SiriusXM® Satellite Radio

Dear Valued Listener,

Our records show that you may be streaming music over a Logitech device. We are improving the way we stream the SiriusXM Internet service which requires a compatible internet enabled player. We suggest asking the manufacturer of your device about what's needed to continue streaming SiriusXM. It's important to take action soon because as of September 30 your streaming radio or receiver will not be able to play the enhanced streaming service.

This has no effect on your account and the billing of your SiriusXM Internet Radio subscription package. You can continue to listen to SiriusXM over the internet by downloading our app on your smartphone, tablet, PC, or current internet-connected sound system. This also has no effect on listening to SiriusXM by satellite.

If you have any questions please call us at 1-888-601-6296 and reference your device.

Thank you for being a loyal SiriusXM listener.

I dumped them awhile ago due to the terrible cost/benefit ratio vs services like Spotify and Pandora. In a world where I am almost never without signal for my smartphone and both of my vehicles have easy Bluetooth music streaming, it just didn't make any sense to shell out the kind of money they were asking for to continue the service. Spotify offers better sound quality and it still works on my Squeezeboxes, as does Pandora.

dumped them awhile ago due to the terrible cost/benefit ratio vs services like Spotify and Pandora. In a world where I am almost never without signal for my smartphone and both of my vehicles have easy Bluetooth music streaming, it just didn't make any sense to shell out the kind of money they were asking for to continue the service. Spotify offers better sound quality and it still works on my Squeezeboxes, as does Pandora.

Good point, they are expensive. I'll look into it, however my plan renewed and I have sometime on it.

There are so many great music services out there now. I mainly use Pandora, Spotify and Amazon Prime Music, but there are a ton of others. There are also nice apps for a lot of other media sources, such as NPR.

hawk52 said:
dumped them awhile ago due to the terrible cost/benefit ratio vs services like Spotify and Pandora. In a world where I am almost never without signal for my smartphone and both of my vehicles have easy Bluetooth music streaming, it just didn't make any sense to shell out the kind of money they were asking for to continue the service. Spotify offers better sound quality and it still works on my Squeezeboxes, as does Pandora.

Good point, they are expensive. I'll look into it, however my plan renewed and I have sometime on it.

If you decide to cancel it they will refund the unused portion.

I use SiriusXM in my vehicles, so I do use the streaming. No, it's not the cheapest option (especially for standalone), but it works well and has some available items not readily available on other services (the comedy, MLB, etc.).

Over a decade ago XM offered a lifetime plan for 299.00 for my birthday my GF bought it for me so I haven't seen a bill since then I still get XM in my jeep but hardly use it as my signal drops when I drive to and from work in this one section of town and it pisses me off.

Back