1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Sony UBP-700 - pulled trigger (Update)

Discussion in 'Source Components II' started by bmwuk, Nov 19, 2018.

1. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

They are now $150 and decided to pull the trigger. Get it tomorrow. Hoping it looks good with my 75" Sony 4k

Update. Well I cancelled my order. Why you ask? A friend of mine had an unused Sony UBP-X1000ES at his office that he's giving to me. Super generous of him.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
    Xgm3 and Randy like this.
  2. Lone Stranger

Lone Stranger Well-Known Member

You suck!

bmwuk likes this.
  3. Huey

Huey Well-Known Member Famous

Congratulations Bmwuk!

bmwuk likes this.
  4. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

Well that was short lived. And update now I'll be getting the 1000 es model thanks to my friend

Last edited: Nov 19, 2018
  5. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

What was? The generous offer?

6. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

Oh sorry for the confusion. No The ordering of the 700 unit was short-lived as a result of the generosity by my friend.

7. Lone Stranger

Lone Stranger Well-Known Member

You still suck!

bmwuk likes this.
  8. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

Yes but also lucky. I'll be curious if the 1000es or my current Oppo 103D upscales Blu Ray best. I think the Opportunity does a great job.

9. Dentman

Dentman Well-Known Member

Nice!

bmwuk likes this.
  10. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

So as I mentioned in another post the unit that I got for my friend is a complete POS. It has only been able to play one movie since I'm messing with it