• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Speaker padding

bmwuk

I plan to put my new speakers on my existing stands. They are dual sided clamping style from Wali. I don't wish to scratch the finish with the metal on a glossy finish. I was looking at felt tape to put on the inside of each clamp so the felt would be touching the speakers and not the metal. Thoughts or better ideas?

I plan to put my new speakers on my existing stands. They are dual sided clamping style from Wali. I don't wish to scratch the finish with the metal on a glossy finish. I was looking at felt tape to put on the inside of each clamp so the felt would be touching the speakers and not the metal. Thoughts or better ideas?

I tend to go with one of these two options:

Thin neoprene foam rubber adhesive strip (available on Amazon). I has a roll of 2" wide by 1/8th inch thick neoprene I rely on often.

Rubber grip drawer/shelf lining from the grocery store.

Both work well.

I tend to go with one of these two options:

Thin neoprene foam rubber adhesive strip (available on Amazon). I has a roll of 2" wide by 1/8th inch thick neoprene I rely on often.

Rubber grip drawer/shelf lining from the grocery store.

Both work well.
The neoprene won't run off or mar the finish? If not that works

It shouldn't. I use it often.

Why would it rub off? Will the speaker be moving over it?

Well, naturally it depends on how much sideways stress is put on the foam.

Back