• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Spielberg

Huey

Famous
Not sure if this is an HBO exclusive or not, but they are showing a documentary on the life of Steven Spielberg, and it's pretty interesting. I hadn't ever noticed it before, but there is a common theme in almost all of his movies, that reflects a certain time in his life. I missed the first 20 minutes or so, saw it was showing live on HBO yesterday, and once I started watching, I couldn't stop. Worthy of a viewing if you like stuff like this.

It is an HBO exclusive. I watched it last week and it is very good. I had forgotten how many movies he directed.

That was the hardest part about watching it, Jeff. Seeing the clips of the movies he had directed, made me want to stop watching the documentary and watch the movies. The only complaint I would have about the documentary, is that the scenes from the movies, they must have used some sort of 2 channel in porting the clips in, as the soundtrack sounds pretty flat compared to the how well the visuals look.

I was a bit surprised that HBO didn't also offer alot of his movies to coincide with the debut of this doc.

I still think his flop movie, Empire of the Sun, is one of the finest Pacific war movies made.

I still think his flop movie, Empire of the Sun, is one of the finest Pacific war movies made.
That movie was a flop? I didn't see it when it first came out, but caught it many years later and thought it was a great movie.

That movie was a flop? I didn't see it when it first came out, but caught it many years later and thought it was a great movie.

It is a great movie but was a commercial flop. As with many movies it has taken a long time for people to realize just how good it is.

Back