• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Star Trek: Picard

I'm really bummed that this is only on CBS, which I don't subscribe to... well maybe once the first season is all out, I'll do a free trial week and binge.

I'm really bummed that this is only on CBS, which I don't subscribe to... well maybe once the first season is all out, I'll do a free trial week and binge.

The only reason I subscribed to CBS All-Access was to watch Star Trek. There are other great shows I got to see as well, like "No Activity", and of the primetime shows tend to prefer CBS over the other networks as they tend to have better written shows - at least more mature writing in terms of more complex plot twists and less sensational nonsense. They have every Star Trek TV series available plus these new shows, so it is really wonderful.

The only reason I subscribed to CBS All-Access was to watch Star Trek. There are other great shows I got to see as well, like "No Activity", and of the primetime shows tend to prefer CBS over the other networks as they tend to have better written shows - at least more mature writing in terms of more complex plot twists and less sensational nonsense. They have every Star Trek TV series available plus these new shows, so it is really wonderful.
I wasn't too excited about the new Star Trek, but after adding CBS for the wife to catch Survivor, I checked it out and was instantly hooked. It's a great show and love how they tied it to early Star Trek, especially in the second season.

For those with CBS All Access and who love Star Trek, they released I think 4 "episodes" called Short Treks. They are about 15 minutes long and are worthy of checking out. Kind of gives a back story on some of the characters. Looking forward to watching Picard tonight!

... who love Star Trek, they released I think 4 "episodes" called Short Treks. They are about 15 minutes long and are worthy of checking out. Kind of gives a back story on some of the characters. Looking forward to watching Picard tonight!

I love the Tribble episode!!!

I love the Tribble episode!!!
Wait, what tribble episode? I looked yesterday, thinking it would be the one with Harry Mudd, but it wasn't.

Finally got a chance to watch Picard yesterday. It was ok, and I'll keep watching, but it's not as good as I had hoped for. Maybe it will get better. I was kind of surprised at what they were working on in the ending. I won't give any spoilers away, but that wasn't my favorite part of TNG.

Still would like to know what tribble episode @Flint was watching, but I did watch the second episode last nigh. Meh. I'm not hating the show or the story line, but Patrick Stewart comes off as a little too feeble in this.

Still would like to know what tribble episode @Flint was watching, but I did watch the second episode last nigh. Meh. I'm not hating the show or the story line, but Patrick Stewart comes off as a little too feeble in this.

I believe Flint was talking about one of the star trek shorts. One of them is a tribble episode.

I believe Flint was talking about one of the star trek shorts. One of them is a tribble episode.

The four that I see, none of them had tribbles. I thought it might be the one with Harry Mudd, but from what I remember he was just robotizing himself for profit.

Ok, so after rewatching the Harry Mudd episode from Season one of Short Treks, I now realize there is a season two of them, and that is probably where the tribble episode is.

quick question about picard, is it similar to mandolorian, where its released weekly? or do they release it like altered carbon, like bam! all at once?

Loved the second season of Short Treks, although I wish they numbered them. Instead of auto playing the next one, it wants to play whatever is next up in my watch list. Loved the Tribble one, featuring the guy who voices Archer and Bob on Bob's burgers. Really liked the one with Spock as well.

So far not impressed a this show. Story line is very weak and too drawn out.

And an aside CBS All Access has got to be the worst streaming service around

They are about to get a ton of new content courtesy of their merger with Viacom.

My problems with them are not due to content but to the performance of the service. I have tried to watch several programs in their "archives" and cpontinually have problems. Plus I find the interface bad and confusing.

My problems with them are not due to content but to the performance of the service. I have tried to watch several programs in their "archives" and cpontinually have problems. Plus I find the interface bad and confusing.
I suspect that will change with the new service launch.

Back