• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Steven King's "It" - the first trailer

I liked the original TV mini series. I don't see a need for a shorter movie remake.

Jeff this not a shorter remake. This movie is part one (the children's story). Part two coming later is the adults story. If you ever read the book there was just so much they could never put into the TV mini series as the rating, language and sex scene couldn't be shown on a major network when it originally aired. That and special effects were not up to the standard they are today to realistically portray what "It" truly was and it was not a clown. This trailer looks like it's going to follow the book pretty close.

Now if they would just redo "The Langoliers" from Kings "Four Past Midnight" or make "The Long Walk" when King wrote as Richard Bachman that would be an awesome movie but the PC crowd will ensure that movie never gets made even though it's one of his best short stories.

Loved the book. Purposely never saw the tv series as I didnt want to alter the images I had of the characters. That trailer does look like it may follow the book closely. I'm in.

I watched the original movie a few weeks back. Hadnt seen it in years and the only thing I could think of afterwards was "Wow, that is 2 hours of my life I can never get back".

The two part plan telling the story when they were kids and then part 2 telling their story as adults might work.

I imagine when a movie maker tries to tackle a voluminous work such as many of King's novels it can be a real task. I think the multi-part TV adaptation of King's"The Stand" was pretty well done but I think that may have been 8-10 hours.

I thought the TV version of It was not bad (not as good as The Stand IMO). this one looks like it may be OK.,

I watched the original movie a few weeks back. Hadnt seen it in years and the only thing I could think of afterwards was "Wow, that is 2 hours of my life I can never get back".

The two part plan telling the story when they were kids and then part 2 telling their story as adults might work.
The 1990 mini-series clocks in at 3 hours 12 minutes.

Why on earth should they remake it?!?!
The Langoliers is perfect just as it is.

That TV movie was atrocious and spit in the face of what an awesome short story that was.

8E94AF0A-1E68-4C4F-B641-9CD6C8E93EB7_zps1n2byh0a.gif

Back