• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Sub Rumble after turning on

Nufan

As I was switching receivers last weekend, I obviously turned off and unplugged my sub. After hooking everything back up to the new receiver (Marantz SR6008) I plugged in a turned on the sub. THe receiver was not on yet....and the sub was rumbling...like random loud undefined bass. The volume only went down when I turned the gain to 0. After about 30 sec-1 min it stopped (much to the delight of my dogs).
Set the gain to 50% and crossover to 120 htz, went through the Audessey set up...all is fine now.

What the heck was that all about? It has happened another time also. I leave it on, not on auto or off because when turned on its goes through this tantrum. Its an older 10" JBL.

Thanks for your input.

-Damon

It means it is going to do exactly what it is doing now, until it fails outright. Nobody can guess when that will be, or what "failure" will look like.

It means it is going to do exactly what it is doing now, until it fails outright. Nobody can guess when that will be, or what "failure" will look like.
Au contraire: anyone can guess when it will be and what it will look like. Example: it will happen in the year 2056 and lead to thermonuclear war. It's a guess. Not a very good one, but a guess nonetheless.

:nyah:

Mine did that too and all it needed was a new fuse. Not sure if that's your case but mine was a simple 2.00 fix

Back