1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

TAKE MY MONEY!!! Kozmophone is the turntable I've waited all my life for

Discussion in 'Source Components' started by Flint, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Flint

Flint "Do you know who I am?" Superstar

2. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

3. rammisframmis

rammisframmis Well-Known Member

That's the most amazing fucking thing that I've ever seen in my entire miserable life!!

Too bad it looks like some cheap plastic crap that Crosley might churn out in China. Other than that, the $59k price seems reasonable!

4. Huey

Huey Well-Known Member Famous

I think that's the crowd funding that they've raised. Looks more like they are looking for funding to build, than to sell at this point.

bmwuk likes this.
  5. Haywood

Haywood Well-Known Member Famous

That's not the price, but the amount raised. The price appears to be $350, though I would personally prefer a less silly turntable.

6. rammisframmis

Oh, I didn't notice that probably because I was distracted by how utter stupid that thing is.

Perhaps the "inventors" should concentrate their efforts to something more useful to humanity, like for instance, an app which allows teenage girls to communicate in real time and share pictures of themselves....

Randy and bmwuk like this.
  7. Zing

Zing Retired Admin Famous

Chris Hansen would like a word with you.

8. hawk52

hawk52 Well-Known Member

If you gave me one, I wouldn't put it in my closet. What a waste.

9. Xgm3

Xgm3 Active Member

I just pledged $349. I chose pink as my color choice.

10. Flint

But it has a virtual 3D display!

11. rammisframmis

I really like the detachable speaker horn aspect. I have an original 1900s Grammophone with a detachable horn. Only problem is that once I detach it, I can't hear any sound from the horn when I walk around the house with it. Can't figure out why. Looks like they've solved that problem!

lakedmb likes this.
  12. Flint

Dude!!! It has a secret compartment. That single feature is what I didn't know I needed on every turntable I've owned to date.

Xgm3 and bmwuk like this.
  13. bmwuk

bmwuk Well-Known Member

"Can I get this icon in cornflower blue?"

Last edited: Jul 10, 2018
  14. Randy

Randy Well-Known Member Famous

[​IMG]

How the fuck does a 360 degree rotating speaker deliver uniform high quality audio to all listeners in a room?

15. Randy

Randy Well-Known Member Famous

And, there are plenty of idiots that will buy this. The hooman race is truly doomed.

16. Flint

Who cares?!?!?! They couldn't stop me from paying extra for a version where the speaker rotates like that on its own while music is playing.

17. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator

To be fair ... They didn’t say that all listeners get high quality AT THE SAME TIME.

18. rammisframmis

Flint likes this.
  19. hawk52

hawk52 Well-Known Member

Thats simple. Everyone in the room moves to where the speaker is pointing. Problem solved.

20. Lone Stranger

Lone Stranger Well-Known Member

Did Donald Leslie approve of this speaker design?