• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The 13th Doctor is... wait for it...

This is going to be an interesting season -- a new female doctor and a new show runner taking over this year. From what I've seen/read, it sounds like she'll be a good fit. Actually, my only real concern is that they don't try 'too hard'.

Anyone else watch?

I'll want to let this one marinate for a bit, but so far, I think it's good. I'll want to see how it "settles" into its groove before I really give the thumbs up or down.

I can't wait to see it. The prior (older) doctor, while good, was written into very dull and meandering scripts for some reason. I am hopeful this new doctor brings back the clever, humorous, and engaging stories of the earlier doctors.

That said, I have to wait until the season is over for someone like hulu or Netflix to offer it up.

Anyone else watch?

I'll want to let this one marinate for a bit, but so far, I think it's good. I'll want to see how it "settles" into its groove before I really give the thumbs up or down.
So far I think this new season is alright too. I agree they're still "settling" into their groove, and I think it'll be a good season. The production value is quite good so far too.

Well... first season is now complete. I more positive than negative on Jodie Whittaker's take on the Doctor. It wasn't a home run, but it was better than just ok. The current writing for the show... I'm more negative than positive. Not terrible, but a little on the "meh" side for me. I'm also not super crazy about the whole social justice warrior vibe I'm picking up. It wasn't TERRIBLE, but it was a consistent theme that ran through the season that I'm getting pretty bored with.

What did everyone else think?

Well... first season is now complete. I more positive than negative on Jodie Whittaker's take on the Doctor. It wasn't a home run, but it was better than just ok. The current writing for the show... I'm more negative than positive. Not terrible, but a little on the "meh" side for me. I'm also not super crazy about the whole social justice warrior vibe I'm picking up. It wasn't TERRIBLE, but it was a consistent theme that ran through the season that I'm getting pretty bored with.

What did everyone else think?

While I haven't seen the new/current Doctor yet, just suggesting there is a sense of "social justice warrior" in the storyline makes me lose some interest in watching it.

I have grown so fucking sick of all my favorite shows creating completely pointless over the top social just warrior plot lines. I watch TV and movies to escape all the BS I read about in the paper and online. If wanted more lecturing and painfully obvious "call out the problems" with white men crap, I would watch the news, read social media, and pay attention to the activists. This issue is impossible to escape from anymore.

While I haven't seen the new/current Doctor yet, just suggesting there is a sense of "social justice warrior" in the storyline makes me lose some interest in watching it.

I have grown so fucking sick of all my favorite shows creating completely pointless over the top social just warrior plot lines. I watch TV and movies to escape all the BS I read about in the paper and online. If wanted more lecturing and painfully obvious "call out the problems" with white men crap, I would watch the news, read social media, and pay attention to the activists. This issue is impossible to escape from anymore.

Yep...

What are you guys talking about?

Doctor Who -- the current iteration of the doctor is female.

Yep...

Doctor Who -- the current iteration of the doctor is female.

Ya, I got that, so is it Netflix or what?

I am assuming the way you guys are talking it is good so I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Ya, I got that, so is it Netflix or what?

I am assuming the way you guys are talking it is good so I wouldn't mind checking it out.

Sorry, missed the gist... it's a show on BBC. The old seasons (i.e., the last 11 years) are on Amazon Prime I believe. The current season will likely land there in a year.

It was a series that started in the 1963 and went through 1989. It was rebooted again in 2005. I'm just referencing the seasons since 2005.

Back