• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Americans

I thought we had a thread on it already.

I love the show, been watching it from the beginning and worry they may end it every season. My father played a big role in the Cold War in that era and I remember reading his trade magazines and even "Russian Life" magazine which was the Russian version of "Life Magazine" while growing up. He read that stuff as research for his secret work. The show does a good job of reflecting many things which actually happened, like the counter intelligence trick of the submarine propeller.

I'm sure this show was mentioned in the past, but I was gone for 5 years.

I'll do a search on my next one, Hault and catch fire. Love that show also.

Heck yes. The Cold War (especially in the 80s) is one of those things that will get my attention nearly every single time. The show is really well done in every respect. I am looking forward to seeing where it goes in the next season.

Wife and I are huge fans of the show. Totally didn't see it coming when they killed the double Russian spy girl. Unfortunately, next season is the last season for the show, and I will be curious to see how they wrap things up. Quick question, do you guys think the girl dating Noah Emery's character is a Russian plant as well?

I'm guessing the last season we will seem them come over to our side.

Never thought about the girlfriend. Interesting but no.

I would prefer the show ends with the fall of the Soviet Union followed by defection, or just disappearing into the USA with their secret lives. I mean, they are fighting to preserve their Soviet State, and the deeply believe in that, so when it goes away, what do they have to fight for? They aren't doing it for the bureaucrats or spy leaders - they are idealogs.

I would prefer the show ends with the fall of the Soviet Union followed by defection, or just disappearing into the USA with their secret lives. I mean, they are fighting to preserve their Soviet State, and the deeply believe in that, so when it goes away, what do they have to fight for? They aren't doing it for the bureaucrats or spy leaders - they are idealogs.

I think Philip is no longer an idealist. He’s seen the Soviet system for what it is. Elizabeth is still a believer, but I doubt those ideals will hold much water when it means losing at least one child. The Soviet defectors with a son who resented the move seems to me to be a bit of foreshadowing... Paige would find it hard enough to make the switch, Henry would hate them for it. I see Philip and Elizabeth having their covers blown, with Philip being willing to flip on the KGB in order to stay in the US. Elizabeth may be a harder sell, but she’ll choose her family over her government.

Back