• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Closer/Major Crimes

mzpro5

Famous
One of my fav TV showsThe Closer is coming to an end in a couple weeks.

But I just found out a spinoff "Major Crimes" will continue the next week and right where The Closer left off. Everyone returns except Kyra Sedgewick who had decided as Executive Producer to end The Closer.

It's one of my favorite shows too. The wife got me hooked on it. I'm behind the last two episodes, so I need to catch up. I'm looking forward to Major Crimes, but don't know if Mary McDonnell (Captain Raydor) is going to be able to help carry the show. Her character is a bitch imo, so her coming off as the central character that replaces Kyra Sedgewick's has me worried.

But then again 2.5 Men proved me wrong, so who knows?

Yesfan70 said:
It's one of my favorite shows too. The wife got me hooked on it. I'm behind the last two episodes, so I need to catch up. I'm looking forward to Major Crimes, but don't know if Mary McDonnell (Captain Raydor) is going to be able to help carry the show. Her character is a bitch imo, so her coming off as the central character that replaces Kyra Sedgewick's has me worried.

But then again 2.5 Men proved me wrong, so who knows?

I have warmed up to Capt Ryder. She has learned some from Brenda Lee and it has loosened her sphincter.

Should be fun with the whole squad.

Love Provenza and Flynn.

mzpro5 said:
......Love Provenza and Flynn.

:text-+1:

One of my fav episodes was when they gave a court summons to the wrong guy at a hotel and got him killed. Freaking hilarious.

After watching 4 episodes I have to say Major Crimes is a winner, maybe better than The Closer. Mary McDonald's enigmatic charector is great.

I still like The Closer better, but Major Crimes is a close, very, very close second after a few episodes. And I agree Mary McDonald's awesome. I "hated" her when she first appeared a few seasons ago, but the last season she has warmed up to me a bit. I was worried the show might not take off as well as its predecessor since it would revolve around Raydor's "not so loved" character. The show has surpassed my expectations and I'm eager to see what makes Raydor tick.

I don't really care for Sykes. She's the only negative I have for the show. Hopefully her character will improve. I did hate Raydor at one point and now feel the show can't go on without her. McDonald's an underrated actress.

Yesfan70 said:
I still like The Closer better, but Major Crimes is a close, very, very close second after a few episodes. And I agree Mary McDonald's awesome. I "hated" her when she first appeared a few seasons ago, but the last season she has warmed up to me a bit. I was worried the show might not take off as well as its predecessor since it would revolve around Raydor's "not so loved" character. The show has surpassed my expectations and I'm eager to see what makes Raydor tick.

I don't really care for Sykes. She's the only negative I have for the show. Hopefully her character will improve. I did hate Raydor at one point and now feel the show can't go on without her. McDonald's an underrated actress.
Yeah Sykes is a drag.

But I like Rusty and the story line involving him and Raydor, adds a nice touch.

Back