• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The Man in the High Castle

mzpro5

Famous
An Amazon Prime original series. Alternate history where the Nazis and Japanese win WWII and occupy the US. I have watched 3 episodes and will watch the rest as time permits. the Nazis occupy everything east of the Rockies while the Japanese have the west coast. A "neutral zone" exist in the Rockies.

Interesting premise and done pretty well.

I wish I was the primary er... prime member. I wanted to see this. unfortunately sister in law (who cut the cord to cable) is using this.

man, Id love to see this one.

mzpro5 said:
An Amazon Prime original series. Alternate history where the Nazis and Japanese win WWII and occupy the US. I have watched 3 episodes and will watch the rest as time permits. the Nazis occupy everything east of the Rockies while the Japanese have the west coast. A "neutral zone" exist in the Rockies.

Interesting premise and done pretty well.

First.

Good to see you around here. Hope everything has been going well.

Really been interested in this show, but haven't started watched it yet.

jomari said:
I wish I was the primary er... prime member. I wanted to see this. unfortunately sister in law (who cut the cord to cable) is using this.

man, Id love to see this one.

Prime allows a decent number of devices per account. Just sayin'.

Okay....now ya'll have me wondering. ....winter is coming, have a new SUHD going......remind me after the holidays, mzpro5....I need to check this out.

Watched the final episode of season 1 and WOW (no spoilers right now). I am impressed by the quality of this series, taking characters that could have been portrayed so stereotypically and giving them nuances that portray them in a bit more "rounded" way. And how do you ever know, in the context of the series, who to root for?

Sure hope there is a season two.

I'm hoping I'll have time to finish it this weekend or at least put a good dent in it.

Never heard of this before but have been doing some searching after seeing this thread.

Question: why do some places mention a "revised pilot" (episode 1)? Was there an initial pilot episode that was shown, withdrawn and reworked?

Jeff

JeffMackwood said:
Never heard of this before but have been doing some searching after seeing this thread.

Question: why do some places mention a "revised pilot" (episode 1)? Was there an initial pilot episode that was shown, withdrawn and reworked?

Jeff

Not sure. the first episode was available on Amazon Prime for quite a while before the entire Season One was available. I watched the first episode when it was first available, will have to go back and rewatch it to see if there is much difference.

Wondering , I am using my Roku 4 and I'm only getting 2.1 audio. Are ya'll getting 5.1 audio? I need to check it using the app in my Samsung TV and see of I get 5.1.
My Marantz SR5009 doesn't pass through 4K HDCP 2.2 so my Roku 4 HDMI is connected to my Samsung SUHD and I use the HDMI ARC connection between my Marantz and Samsung for the audio.

We're about 7 episodes in and are loving this series. It really makes you wonder what the world would look like today if the US had lost.

Finished this about a week ago. So so good. Acting and production quality were so good. And for those that don't know, season two was green lit a while ago.

As for the single episode that was aired -- Amazon will air a few pilots. Then if the audience likes it, they'll green light a series. I think that's the reason for the gap and maybe change.

Bump...

Finished Season 1. I watched it slowly in chunks over almost 2 months...maybe more.
Honestly, w/ the depth, density and straight up heaviness of the plot...I don't think this is a
show I could have binge watched (but, maybe I will w/ Season 2 or 3). Great story, amazing acting...
and the twists and turns? My god...I've been left staring at my screen screaming "NO FUCKING WAY" too many
times.

Bump...

Finished Season 1. I watched it slowly in chunks over almost 2 months...maybe more.
Honestly, w/ the depth, density and straight up heaviness of the plot...I don't think this is a
show I could have binge watched (but, maybe I will w/ Season 2 or 3). Great story, amazing acting...
and the twists and turns? My god...I've been left staring at my screen screaming "NO FUCKING WAY" too many
times.
I've watched all the seasons and
Bump...

times.
That's a good show. I think the new season starts in October.

I will likely watch it, but I find it wanders aimlessly more often than I'd like. I feel the dozens of story lines are often individually uninteresting but since they only show snippets of them at a time they trick the viewer into hoping to learn what is going to happen. I think if they just ran the entire storyline of one character without jumping around, I wouldn't care to watch it alone.

Back