• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

The new tv season

The remade Magnum P.I.
it was horrible. its not just you

My wife thought it was okay, which made me question her judgement. It was awful. Bad writing, terrible casting and zero chemistry made this unnecessary remake especially painful. I'm just waiting for some idiot to decide we need an all-female reboot of The A-Team.

I struggle with the season model since I don't do broadcast TV anymore. I am affected by the TV seasons because Hulu, HBO Now, and CBS All Access post new content based on the season's broadcasts - and takes them down accordingly. But the majority of my viewing is either seasons of shows which were broadcast over a year ago, or they are streaming only shows which are released as whole seasons with all episodes made available at once. So, if I am watching a new current show during the current season, I get frustrated and often forget to watch every episode as it is made available on streaming platforms.

But, I haven't watched any of the new broadcast shows, yet. They almost always suck, and when a gem does get through, it often doesn't last. I did like "The Good Cop" on Netflix. It is made like a broadcast show, but the entire season is available now.

Sports is about it. Football both pro and collage. Patriots, Celtics, Yankees, Bruins. NCAA Basketball only a few week's away. Maybe if a Seinfeld, Cheers, Friends, and of course All in the Family were to arise. Oh, SNL, can't wait for tonights season opener.

We've got shows we look forward to every season, but it's getting less and less each year as Netflix and others take over the world. While I didn't watch Last Man Standing on ABC, I did dvr the new season on Fox, and the first episode was pretty funny. We caught the first two minutes of Manifest and decided to dvr that as well, and it sounds like it's getting good reviews.

At the beginning of each season (there are now several), I go online and do searches on things like "best new TV shows" or "best shows of 2018". This usually brings up a bunch of lists from a bunch of sites, all with synopses and reviews. Reading a bunch of these lists makes it easy to spot the shows that are consistently well reviewed, as well as the ones that just sound interesting. I set Sonarr up to record them all and wait for them to show up in Plex as they become available. If I don't like or don't watch a show, I eventually remove it from Sonarr and delete it from my NAS.

They are bringing back Murphy Brown...with the original cast. Hated it the first time..I suspect my opinion will not change.

I watched the early premier of "God Friended Me" and it was very watchable. It wasn't the best thing ever, but I enjoyed it.

last man standing is back.

humor is a bit off, but will try to see how it goes.

For any fans of the animated series Avatar, The Dragon Prince is done by the same people and is pretty solid.

I watch far too much TV and have watched some of the new shows:

The Manifest - interesting show with faint recollections of Lost. Will continue to watch for now

Last Man Standing - was a big fan of the show when it was on ABC. First episode on Fox was not as good, too many jokes about moving to a new network. Also they replaced the actress Molly Ephron with an actress that seems overwhelmed (plus Ephron is hotter).

Murphy Brown - again liked it the first time around but this iteration is meh. Pretty much just 22 minutes of Trump bashing whcih got tiring even for me after 5 minutes

New Amsterdam - New hospital drama with a is a fantasy with a sviour doctor. Wasn't meant to be fantasy but the main doc has done everything in one episode except walk on water

God Friended Me - High tech version of Touched by an Angel. God works thru a human to help needy. Too saccharin for me.

I'll echo what Mzpro says about Manifest, reminds me of Lost, or at least how they keep you hanging on without telling you anything. Wife really likes it, not sure I'll continue to watch.

Back