• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

This is the way to handle the police state

Scary how close that could've ended up bad.

Is there an "app" that transmits directly to Ewe-Tube, or is that a bluff? I am 100% for civilians, and cops, having running cameras. :eusa-clap:

Botch said:
Scary how close that could've ended up bad.

Is there an "app" that transmits directly to Ewe-Tube, or is that a bluff? I am 100% for civilians, and cops, having running cameras. :eusa-clap:

Users with a working YouTube profile can create a separate mobile profile, which creates a specific e-mail address for the account. Anyone can send the video to that e-mail address, which will automatically post the video to YouTube. So... while you can't stream to YouTube per se, you can get it there fairly quickly.

There are some video systems that cache things remotely. I presume they run off a phone's data plan and store it in the cloud or to a computer at your home.

YouTube doesn't have the ability to upload a live stream. Only a finite video, less than 10 minutes long. There are cloud video services that can store live video. But someone would have to clip that video and post it to YT. I guess if the cop can lie about authority ("Come out or I'mma drag you out") than a citizen can lie about his video recording

But to the OP... Does the law require a police office to provide three forms of ID? That's news to me. Not saying it isn't true, just that I have never heard that. Botch is right. That could have gone, really, really badly. A bright cellphone light on the end of an outstretched arm from behind a door when a cop is looking for a violent fugitive who'd have a reason to fight could easily have easily been misinterpreted as a threat.

I've stated before; Police think they are above the law and they would have you believe the law only applies to YOU!

Rope

I wonder, due to the "come out or I'll drag your ass out" comment if those officers will get reprimanded in any way.

I had a similar situation many years ago when I was leaving my wife's (then my girlfriend's) house late one evening. I came to the end of the road and saw a deputy parked watching for speeders. I saw him before he saw me, so I came to a complete stop, signaled, then turned right on the main road. As soon as I was turning on the main road, I had to slam the brakes to keep from hitting him about head on. There was one of those lighted arrow ad signs partially blocking his view, so he pulled out in front of me before he saw me.

He did a U turn, caught up with me and pulled me over, and then began giving me the whole "do you know why I pulled you over" bullshit. We argued for about 10 minutes because he insisted I ran the stop sign even though I did two complete stops at it. Pulled me out of the car to search for drugs, and all that. The guy was just pissed and embarrassed so he said he was going to "let me go with a warning" even though I did nothing wrong. Pissed me off, but I just clammed up because I knew he was going to be one of those types to haul me to jail for speaking the truth.

Rope's post pretty much sums it up for me. There are some that are cool, but most seem like they are owed something for having that badge on their chest.

There are a lot of good videos similar to this one.

I would have been really pissed off too yesfan but would have done what you did knowing he could have fucked me over easily.

A couple months ago I was pulled for doing 72 in a 60 but because I did everything just right the state trooper let me go and he told me so. I knew he'd know I was probably armed so I kept both hands on the wheel at all times. Remember to do this even if you have no weapons.

Yesfan70 said:
I wonder, due to the "come out or I'll drag your ass out" comment if those officers will get reprimanded in any way.

I had a similar situation many years ago when I was leaving my wife's (then my girlfriend's) house late one evening. I came to the end of the road and saw a deputy parked watching for speeders. I saw him before he saw me, so I came to a complete stop, signaled, then turned right on the main road. As soon as I was turning on the main road, I had to slam the brakes to keep from hitting him about head on. There was one of those lighted arrow ad signs partially blocking his view, so he pulled out in front of me before he saw me.

He did a U turn, caught up with me and pulled me over, and then began giving me the whole "do you know why I pulled you over" bullshit. We argued for about 10 minutes because he insisted I ran the stop sign even though I did two complete stops at it. Pulled me out of the car to search for drugs, and all that. The guy was just pissed and embarrassed so he said he was going to "let me go with a warning" even though I did nothing wrong. Pissed me off, but I just clammed up because I knew he was going to be one of those types to haul me to jail for speaking the truth.

Yet another example why I support video cameras, on both cops and citizens.

likewise, i agree having video cameras on all officers. one possibly streaming to a cloud service, untouchable by the PD to avoid tampering or turning them off.

scary, but man, i guess if i knew my rights and knew that i wasnt doing anything wrong, id have half the confidence that guy did. i wouldve turned off the light tho. :happy-smileygiantred: or try to turn it down a bit.

what would happen tho if he (the homeowner) gave his name tho, would that matter? or showing his Identification? just curious.

Trudge said:
GreatDane said:
I knew he'd know I was probably armed
I'm with you, trying to do everything right, but just curious, why did you think he knew you were armed?

maybe stickers, county or state he lived or was in? could be those reasons...

Yesfan70 said:

Rope's post pretty much sums it up for me. There are some that are cool, but most seem like they are owed something for having that badge on their chest.

This leads to another conundrum, which ones do you trust? When the man in uniform's credibility is compromised for whatever reason, none are trustworthy.

Rope

Trudge said:
GreatDane said:
I'm with you, trying to do everything right, but just curious, why did you think he knew you were armed?

I figured he would see that I have a concealed carry permit when he ran my plates. He did and said he figured I was carrying. One of the first things he asked was "Are there any weapons in the vehicle" He just wanted me to show him where my gun was.

GreatDane said:
Trudge said:
GreatDane said:

I figured he would see that I have a concealed carry permit when he ran my plates. He did and said he figured I was carrying. One of the first things he asked was "Are there any weapons in the vehicle" He just wanted me to show him where my gun was.

cool, didnt know they can see that stuff based on your plates.

thanks for the info!

jomari said:
cool, didnt know they can see that stuff based on your plates.

thanks for the info!

In most states they're linked to the standard driver database, so if nothing else it will come up when they run your license. If they cross-link the vehicle registration to the driver's license info then it will come up that way too.

GreatDane said:
There are a lot of good videos similar to this one.

I would have been really pissed off too yesfan but would have done what you did knowing he could have fucked me over easily.

A couple months ago I was pulled for doing 72 in a 60 but because I did everything just right the state trooper let me go and he told me so. I knew he'd know I was probably armed so I kept both hands on the wheel at all times. Remember to do this even if you have no weapons.

Good point about the hands on the wheel Dane. I ALWAYS do that. If blue-lighted, I pull over, put the car in park, and shut it off and keep both hands on the wheel until asked for my license and registration. The biggest alley you have really is to comply or as you say "do everything just right". I don't trust them, so that's what I do when I get pulled over. That one instance though was the only exception. I was on edge that night. I done everything right, but that cop just seemed intent on making an example out of me. I'm really surprised he didn't try to plant some dope in my car while searching it and claim it was mine.

On the flip side.......

I have a cousin who works at the county jail, so I should be in good shape from now on. :handgestures-fingerscrossed: Matter of fact he saved my ass a ticket when I didn't even realize it. I was doing about 10 miles over limit on the way to work one morning and my tag got radioed in. It was about 4:30 on a Saturday morning (I go in early on Saturdays if I work). After hearing my name and vehicle description over the radio, my cousin claimed he knew me and claimed I was on my way into work. Saved me a ticket.

Back