1. Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Folks, I'm playing with the behavior of the titles and banners; you may want to read the relevant thread in the Forum Suggestions area.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
    Dismiss Notice

Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 on sale

Discussion in 'Headphones & Amps' started by PaulyT, Nov 27, 2010.

1. PaulyT

PaulyT Behind the Curtain Staff Member Administrator Moderator Superstar

... today @ amazon for $95. These list for $400. :scared-eek:

:text-link:

If I didn't already have a nice set of Phonak Audeo PFE that I'm quite happy with, I'd be all over this. Though I suspect these UE are in a different league. Dane, any comments?

2. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

Wow... Thats a great deal! The version with the mic is still $360!!!

I had a pair of Phonak PFEs and returned them because I just couldn't get used to the over-the-ear cord. I know these have the same over-the ear cord design but I'm going to take a chance because it's such a bargain.

3. Towen7

Towen7 Well-Known Member Staff Member Moderator Famous

Not in stock. Amazon's estimated shipping date is sometime after December 25.

:( :( :( :(

[​IMG]

4. GreatDane

GreatDane Well-Known Member

I've never heard them. I do know that some users complain that they're too big/bulky. I think the SQ is up there with the best in this price range.

I still use my PFE at night in bed. I get 20 minutes of good listening time before I crash but I leave them in all night. I never have any discomfort in the morning. I'm on my third pair, twice replaced under warranty.

5. GreatDane

GreatDane Well-Known Member

I actually prefer routing the cable over the ear with all IEMs. This almost always eliminates microphonics. I just like the look of it also. My favorite IEM currently is the Westone 3 which looks slick in-ear...very satisfying sound too.

At that price you could later sell "as new" and make a profit. I bought my Senn HD25 at newegg for $100 14 months ago. A normal great price is $150. I did have to buy velour pads which weren't included(got a nice case instead). I could easily sell today for $150.