• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

UV Code Vendor to AVOID

Haywood

Famous
There is a Tictail store that sells UV codes called UV Codes For Sale. AVOID them. They had codes for Game of Thrones Season Three listed as Blu-Ray Code with the note that they were Flixter Only. I e-mailed the seller telling him that I thought he was mistaken because I had purchased other HBO codes before and that, while they were only redeemable under UV on Flixter, the codes could also be redeemed under Vudu. He told me I was wrong, so I double checked with Vudu tech support and with HBO. I found that the standard Blu-Ray code was in fact redeemable on Vudu so I bought it.

That is when I discovered what this fraudulent little prick had done. He was selling codes for redemption on Flixter that had already been redeemed through HBO Select for Vudu. He knew that there was a small window during which a code could be redeemed separately on Vudu and Flixter and was selling the same code twice.

When I learned what he had done, I emailed him demanding a refund and pointing out that what he was doing amounted to fraud. He sent back a snotty reply that I should learn how to read (referencing the aforementioned Flixter Only notation) and that he didn't need people like me in his life, but that he would refund my money when he got around to it. I have been informed that my business is no longer welcome. Based on his responses, I suspect I'm dealing with a teenager or some other little punk.

Anyway, I recommend not doing business with this guy. His ethics are questionable. His customer service is rotten and honestly, his codes are pricey anyway.

I can't believe I feel any disappointment about not dealing with this idiot again, but I am a little bummed about not having access to some of the rare codes he comes up with from time to time. I need to find more sources.

That's okay. New code sites pop up all the time. There is one bad trend that I am seeing though. Prices are starting to go up. They are still way cheaper than buying discs or buying directly from resellers like Vudu, but they are climbing steadily.

I have bought many many titles from him and never had an issue but I only bought titles that had no Flixster only clause but when communicating with him he was very cordial and even got me a few titles that he had already sold out on but when he got them in he emailed me and never had an issue. I do know that he buys his titles from anyone and saw his Flixster only game of Thrones listing so I figure he bought just the Flixster code from someone else who had validated the Vudu code. They are two separate sites validating the same code hence his saying in the title that this was Flixster only. He did list it as such though so as usual buyer beware.

Remember on some titles you have to log in at both Vudu and Flixster and redeem the same code. So it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for him to talk with a seller who says he redeemed the Vudu portion and wants to sell the Flixster version. Crap I may sell him a few Flixster only titles for discounts on some Vudu codes coming up. I don't think he was being shady as he did list it as Flixster only. Now if the Flixster portion didn't work then you could be mad. But he did have it listed as advertised.

Back