• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Vudu streaming issues

putty34

I'm having issues streaming Vudu on my Roku streaming stick. I have no issues with Netflix or Amazon. The movie will play for a few seconds then buffer and repeat. I've tried it using my laptop and no buffering. I just installed a new router tonight hoping it would fix the issue but no such luck. I have a Roku 2 that I don't have the issue with either. Any suggestions?

I'm guessing it is a wifi related problem. The first generation sticks did not have very good wireless adaptors. The new ones are supposed to be way better. Either way, I've been a bit hit or miss with all the streaming devices I've tried without an Ethernet connection.

Agree the streaming stick does not have the strongest wifi built in. I have the Roku 3 and the newest Roku 2 and both are hooked up directly to Ethernet and on very rare occasions even those will buffer a moment or two. I find when I was using wifi I thought about all the devices in my house that were "off" but still using wifi. Any tablet I have three going all the time, Any smartTv or Bluray player even not in use can still be using wifi. These all use wifi and when your trying to stream off a stick with a poor wifi dongle built in you should expect issues.

My biggest issue with Vudu is when I use their website to redeem a code using a tablet the website page won't load all the way and I can never get the bar to enter the code. I have a service request going but my IPad doesn't open the page and my girlfriends Android tablet can't open the redemption page and I called my nephew in Texas and he's having the same issue. I called Vudu who say their tablets are running fine. I said then tell me how three people with three different accounts using two iPads and a Android using Safari and Chrome can't get the redemption page to open.

Hopefully this issues gets fixed soon.

Vudu HDX has higher bandwidth requirements than Netflix, which is why it is more sensitive to connectivity issues. I have similar problems with the cheap Roku TV in my bedroom, which also lacks Ethernet. I have had better luck with Power Line Networking for streaming than with WiFi, but YMMV.

Interesting about the redemption bug. I always do that on a PC, so I haven't run into it.

That's kind of what I figured. Well I guess that means I get to upgrade the streaming stick to something new.

Back