• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Well, now I know..

All I can say is, most journalists, especially audio related journalists, are simply idiots. About 20% of what he wrote was truth. About 30% of it was flat out wrong and could lead people to be dumber than before. Of the 50% which was accurate, or the truth, most of it had nothing to do with the topic, or contribute to knowledge.

..what the best Bookshelf speakers are.

Link

I have the powered version of those Edifier speakers and they can attest to the fact that they do sound good for the money. That is a low bar at that price point, but I'm happy with them in my bathroom. The only ding on the powered version is lack of Bluetooth. I use a Chromecast Audio with mine, but it could be a drawback for many people.

I’m sorry Haywood but I had to laugh when you said they sound good and then they were relegated to the bathroom.

I’m sorry Haywood but I had to laugh when you said they sound good and then they were relegated to the bathroom.

For about a hundred bucks a pair, they sound great. I would recommend them for anyone who wants a decent sounding pair of cheap speakers to play at low to medium volume in a secondary room. That is what they are made for and they do it well. They are definitely NOT Audioengine A5s, but they're a quarter the price. The build quality feels solid. The fit and finish are surprisingly nice and they sound okay. What's not to love?

Back