• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Whiplash

Razz

Just saw this movie and really enjoyed it.
No BS story line, just sticks to the point. Great acting in this movie. I think a lot of you here would really like this one. Check it out if you are looking for something different.
Another GREAT movie you might not have heard too much about...

As a pro drummer, I have often been asked about this movie. The movie is good, but that is NOT how the teach drumming. It is a story, not reality.

I get that Flint but I wasn't hinting toward reality. Just a really well made movie that many here might enjoy.

Sorry... This movie has come up so often in conversation that I now respond like it is a trigger.

I saw it a while back and liked it a lot. There's something oddly entertaining about an angry JK Simmons.

I guess it was well done in its way, but it made me very uncomfortable and more than a little angry. Definitely not how music of any sort should be taught.

I guess it was well done in its way, but it made me very uncomfortable and more than a little angry. Definitely not how music of any sort should be taught.

Interesting....
Both musicians take a bit of a negative response to the movie... now what does Zing think?????

I thought about your response Flint and thought... "If this were about photography I think I would react the same way" :wine:

On the plus side, it did awaken my interest in Buddy Rich.

I remember the movie being a hot topic when it came up on the forum a while back.....while being a bit on the extreme side, I REALLY enjoyed it. It's a story, that's all, not "based on true events." If you can separate the portrayal of the instructor from JK Simmons' performance, I don't think it's difficult to see why he won the Oscar.

I read that actor Miles Teller actually had to learn how to play drums while filming and the scene with the bloody hands was actual blood from Miles Teller playing.

I also read that the person considered to be the fastest drummer had challenged Teller to a duel which Miles politely declined.

Back