• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Who's pining for VR gaming?

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
My twenty-something kids and their friends are all fired up about the new VR games coming out. They are specifically excited about the Sony PS4 VR system as it has a real gaming library using it.

I know there are some gamers here, anyone shopping for VR?

I used to be a gamer, but now buy for my kids. All the sports games and some kids games mixed in.
Have to say, I am interested, but...It'll have to be REALLY good and not bank breaking for me to get into it along with having things my children can play.

Not yet, especially to go buy a PS4 at this time. And they have the Batman VR game exclusively.

I'm definitely interested in VR, but haven't had a chance to experience it yet. Maybe as the price of VR headsets starts to drop, and more content becomes available...

im interested, but not really ready to invest in it. it does require a good amount of space (last I remember it required 6feet) and of course still in its early stage, but as others said, its a promising investment.

My Stepson uses Google Cardboard to play Eve on his PC and loves it. In the game he is sitting in the cockpit of his space vehicle, so in real life he is sitting in on the couch with his controllers. He built several controllers, including two foot pedals and a joystick along with a traditional gaming controller. He's been playing this way for about two years, but now it is getting better.

The need for big spaces is dependent on the game.

Holy cow...Playstation VR is $399. Not happening unless someone gets it for me for Xmas or something. Does it run completely separate or you need a PS4?

Back