• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Wilson Audio TuneTot: $10k desktop for the wealthy executive

TitaniumTroy

https://www.analogplanet.com/conten...today-launches-tunetot-desktop-speaker-system
https://www.computeraudiophile.com/ca/bits-and-bytes/introducing-the-wilson-audio-tunetot-r713/

Well I thought my Mini Mag's were expensive desktop speakers at $1,500 list (mine were used), however I guess I am just a pauper. Compared to these automotive finished models, with IMHO a terrible name. They sound like something for a toddler, the marketing department must have been out to lunch when they came up with this name.

In crimson red they look kind of pimped out to me, at least for their intended audience. Some really nice packaging though if that's your thing, kinda pricey though.

Last edited:
And that doesn't include the $2100 base or the $649 gizmo or the $299 whizbang.

I really like my little $500 audioengines.

For the guy who has more money than he knows what to do with. Then again, if your main speakers cost between $150,000 and $200,000, what's a little $10K for giggles.

I can see the value of these for the right buyer. But i am not the right buyer.

So judgmental.

It’s all relative. To those without the means, what WE spend hundreds or even thousands of dollars on must seem insane.

Totally agree.

I mean, look at what we spend on separates when most enthusiasts are ecstatic over a midrange receiver.

I am pricing top end drivers right now, and if I were to manufacture and sell the sort of speaker I may build next, they do have to go for well over 10K

A top end soft dome tweeter can cost $700 and the new beryllium tweeters can be over $1k. There are also synthetic diamond tweeters that are way higher priced. Add a $600 to $800 midwoofer and you've put as much as $3,000 into just the raw drivers before building a cabinet, crossover or the amps (if self powered). Then add the overhead costs for stocking spare parts, losses to shipping and returns, a reasonable profit marching then profit for the resellers, and upuve got at least $12,000 retail for a pair of top end speakers.

Yeah, but this is 10k for a pair of speakers the size of Audio Engines. I don't care that they used for driver's, the mark up must be insane.

Yeah, but this is 10k for a pair of speakers the size of Audio Engines. I don't care that they used for driver's, the mark up must be insane.

I happen to disagree. Yes, they are expensive and definitely not for our crowd. But they are well made and use esoteric materials and techniques that cost money. They aren't trying to win us over.

I happen to disagree. Yes, they are expensive and definitely not for our crowd. But they are well made and use esoteric materials and techniques that cost money. They aren't trying to win us over.

True enough most of us are probably not in their target market. Like WW said, for those with the mans its no big deal and like Tom said, for those without means the amounts some of use spend on stuff is unfathomable.

Speaking at least for the electronic side, manufacturers have come to realize that they can make more money by selling fewer extremely costly products to wealthy people than making more products at a mainstream price. That's why you see such outrageous prices on high end gear.

So Rammis, using trickle up economics, not only are the wealthy getting wealthier. They are also getting all the better stereo toys,
Bastards! Dang income wage gap :veryangry:

I need to hit the Hoosier Lottery Jackpot, so I can join them, sigh.

Last edited:
I'm with Haywood, cripes sake for $10k, you should at least an all aluminum enclosure, a pure Beryllium tweeter and a midrange with a multi-Wall carbon fiber cone with a layer of XG Nanographene. Oh, wait that there is a floorstander like that it's the Magico A3.

Last edited:
Cosmetic's huh, well that makes me feel better, and explains why my JBL's look like something from a 80's recording studio. Instead of the elegant looking $60k JBL Everest's. Though mine sound much better, IMHO.

10k is a lot for such a speaker. If you had read the fine print they do fellate you every Friday evening, offering full reach around service on Tuesday mornings. Not bad.

Back