• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

World's Most Expensive Vinyl Records

Zing

Retired Admin
Superstar
Here's hoping some of you have one or two of these.

"As more and more listeners embrace the vinyl resurgence, vinyl fans around the world are increasingly on the hunt for the coolest wax to spin on their newly acquired analog hi-fis. Sure, we’d all love to find that hidden first pressing of Sgt. Peppers at the local record shop, but the most expensive vinyl records in the world aren’t for playing — unless you’re just that baller. Worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in some cases, the world’s rarest records aren’t just antiques or even works of art, they’re tangible time stamps of rock ‘n roll history, each with its own story to tell."

Link

I have two of those on vinyl, but not the "desirable" versions.

The closest thing I have to a collector's item is this one, on double CD:

4230353935e710a94bfz.jpg

It shows the New York skyline on fire, and features the Twin Towers.
It was released on 9-11-2001, the day I bought it.
It was taken off the market the next day; my copy still has the cellophane intact. I've never tried to see if its worth anything, but its still there (and I still haven't heard it on CD, although I do have the DVD from the same show; close enough.)

Last edited:
Here's hoping some of you have one or two of these.

"As more and more listeners embrace the vinyl resurgence, vinyl fans around the world are increasingly on the hunt for the coolest wax to spin on their newly acquired analog hi-fis. Sure, we’d all love to find that hidden first pressing of Sgt. Peppers at the local record shop, but the most expensive vinyl records in the world aren’t for playing — unless you’re just that baller. Worth hundreds of thousands of dollars in some cases, the world’s rarest records aren’t just antiques or even works of art, they’re tangible time stamps of rock ‘n roll history, each with its own story to tell."

Link
There are poor digital copies of the Jarre album (one of a kind) mentioned in the article. It seems that somehow it was played once, and only once, on broadcast FM and some people managed to record copies, or parts of it, on cassette. Someone stitched it all together and shared the digital file. I gave it a listen a couple of months ago. Verdict: even allowing for the quality of what I listened to, it is far from Jarre's best work.

Back