• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

WW84 Spoiler Thread

mzpro5

Famous
Watched this today.

SPOILERS BELOW

Disappointing, very disappointing.

Specifics later.

Last edited:
I was seriously underwhelmed......not anywhere close to the quality of the first one.

Its funny, a facebook friend reviewed it thus, "I'd rather pick up my dogs shit for 2 and 1/2 straight hours than watch that again".
So, I went in with low expectations.

I have to say, I was pleasantly surprised.
I enjoyed it quite a bit.
The 80s silliness and jokes were overdone in the beginning but once they got past overdoing it, it was probably less annoying to people.
The female antagonist (Kristen Wiig) was really good until the "second wish".
And the main baddie...was silly.
And, the bad guys often define how the movie is received and...its a kind of realistic depiction of a shitty person.
And, the "World going crazy" was...I don't understand how it happened.
But despite that, as I said, I liked the movie. It wasn't great, it wasn't awful.
In all honesty, the first WW was, just about at the same eye roll level as this one.
Crappy bad guy, hit you over the head with the message, a lot of "Women Power" (which in this one turned into "Women can be vulnerable AND strong".

I enjoyed it. It was definitely not in the same class as the original, but it was more mediocre than terrible. Working on a five star scale where Batman & Robin is a 1 and The Dark Knight is a 5, I would give this movie a solid 3.5.

At times I wondered if Max Lord was a Trump metaphor Look a little like a young Trump and certainly an ego maniac

Last edited:
I did like seeing WW learn to fly and also the lasso becoming like a prehensile appendage

I don’t regret seeing it. IMO, in this day and age of movie making, and a big budget, it’s just inexcusable to not at least equal the predecessor in terms of quality. This wasn’t even close. The story and timeline were not going to work for everyone but it’s still just a loose mess with subpar and distracting cgi. I guess I’d say it wasn’t a story worth telling, although it’s one redeeming quality is it’s overall “message” still resonated.

Back