• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Xiaomi launching projectors with lasers on their heads!

I'm confused.

It's a projector but has a 150 inch screen? So it's like those old cabinet-based projector TVs, or can buyers use it with their existing screens. It would be nice to see its features / specs.

Jeff

Maybe they mean a 150 inch capability? It sure appears to be a standard projector but with an apparently very short throw.

In any event, lasers will never have the organic viewing quality that traditional incandescent bulbs have! :devil:

Wow. That thing is a steal if it works well. It would certainly reduce the price barrier to creating a real home theater.

Barco has also released a Laser driven projector for home theaters and screening rooms. They are pricey, but I wouldn't expect affordable from Barco.

Looks like a table top projector with its built in speakers. Did I miss what the resolution and HDR capabilities of that Chinese projector would be?

Still can't make heads nor tail of what this thing is, is trying to be, or how it works / its set-up / placement options etc. I guess I'll have to wait until a genuine commercial trade publication does an in-depth review.

Will they offer a unit that can be placed in the rear of a HT, project onto an already-installed screen (ie. be capable of "lens shifting" etc.) and not have me pay for shitty built-in speakers that I don't want?

Jeff

ps. Will it be made in the US so that I can help Make America Great Again?

Still can't make heads nor tail of what this thing is, is trying to be, or how it works / its set-up / placement options etc. I guess I'll have to wait until a genuine commercial trade publication does an in-depth review.

Will they offer a unit that can be placed in the rear of a HT, project onto an already-installed screen (ie. be capable of "lens shifting" etc.) and not have me pay for shitty built-in speakers that I don't want?

Jeff

ps. Will it be made in the US so that I can help Make America Great Again?

I would like to know more about screen size options as well. I don't know about a traditional projector model (opposed to the short-throw version in the article) but it wouldn't surprise if they don't. It seems that the market is trending towards these short-throw projos. The view seems to be "hey they're putting a TV there, let's give them a 150" TV for less money in the same space." Now as for the speakers, yeah I would like a neutered version too.

John

Back