• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Yamaha TSR-7790

bmwuk

I bought this today thanks to the graces and kindness of my wife. I have an old Pioneer Elite but wanted something with current pass thru for HDMI and other nice features. I took the advice and went through A4L for $500 in savings.

Anyone running a newer Yamaha? How is the calibration process?

Last edited:
^ Yeah Baby

7790d1_1500x1500_be888b6c1049a0a80a6b6428a0ea14c6.jpg

Expected delivery this Friday. Dang. When I paid for cheap shipping I figured next week

Very nice deal. This would make a nice Pre/Pro for me.
And it was $50 cheaper a few weeks ago but I wasn't able to pull the trigger then. Still a great deal considering my old unit is from approximately 2001 or 2002. It works fine and was a b stock back when I got it and used it at first as a pre until unsold my Rotel amp

And it was $50 cheaper a few weeks ago but I wasn't able to pull the trigger then. Still a great deal considering my old unit is from approximately 2001 or 2002. It works fine and was a b stock back when I got it and used it at first as a pre until unsold my Rotel amp
My pre/pro is so old it has toggle switches at the speaker terminals for crossover points. :)

Yeah hard to beat the price. I'm using as both amp and pre/pro right now but that will change quickly

Why? Are you disappointed with the performance of the amp section in the reviver?

Why? Are you disappointed with the performance of the amp section in the reviver?
Apologies. I didn't mean that quickly. I should've said hopefully down the road AFTER I upgrade speakers. It works very well for me and my current setup. I may look to get a Monolith or something along those lines . But currently it works great

Okay, moving my discussion with @Dentman and any others on the Yamaha unit to here vs my F206 post. So I looked at the video you shared and I did watch all 46 minutes of it. Problem is I'm not sure if it addressed my issue since that Yamaha was way more complex.

So the issue is I setup my Paradigms with the YPAO and the setup. I had to manually go in after and put the mains to small and that change made the PSA 15V sub kick in. I liked the setup. But if I designated the mains as large the sub was nonexistent it seemed.

Now that ive replaced the Paradigm Monitor 9s (2 1/2 way speakers) with the Revel F206s which are full range, I'm not sure if I need to rerun the YPAO but I'm also not sure on the flexibility with the Yamaha on bass . It seems like an all or nothing setup.

Seems a waste of running the F206 speakers at small but under the current setup the subwoofer doesn't seem to do anything if the mains are set to large. If I rerun the YPAO setup again, does it truly recognize the speakers and their sizing or is that always a manual deal?

Dentman how do you have everything setup and do you have full range mains? My concern as well is I want to get the C208 center channel or am I waiting money with a full range center if it won't be utilized fully and then just go with the smaller C205. The seller advised going C208 but said okay to even go conerta2 on the surrounds. Said more impact having that center over surrounds in the Performa3 line.

Any help is appreciated.

In that video he mentions that you have to turn on something called sub+ or Bass +, I forget it's been a while since I watched it. Doing that will send full LFE/ bass signal to your sub with your speakers set to large.
Once you do that you get the full bass output your looking for. You will also need to tone down your sub out out most likely. It made all the difference I was looking for.
Pretty sure you have to do that setting from the phone app.

In that video he mentions that you have to turn on something called sub+ or Bass +, I forget it's been a while since I watched it. Doing that will send full LFE/ bass signal to your sub with your speakers set to large.
Once you do that you get the full bass output your looking for. You will also need to tone down your sub out out most likely. It made all the difference I was looking for.
Pretty sure you have to do that setting from the phone app.
That's it! I do recall it saying that on the video but I never messed with the app. Thought it was an option on the receiver itself.

Well I did the switch and let the girls watch Brave and when the bear first appears and later when the ships come in with the sails wooshing, damn! I'm happy now.

I need to rerun YPAO once the speakers are to my liking in stereo.

Any other tidbits are welcome.

That's it! I do recall it saying that on the video but I never messed with the app. Thought it was an option on the receiver itself.

Well I did the switch and let the girls watch Brave and when the bear first appears and later when the ships come in with the sails wooshing, damn! I'm happy now.

I need to rerun YPAO once the speakers are to my liking in stereo.

Any other tidbits are welcome.
Glad you like it.

Separate question. When I run the macros on the Harmony everything kicks on but audio doesn't play. I turn off the receiver and back on and it works. Do I have a busted unit? Seems the sound will work after that step. Are the macro steps not doing something? Thanks

That's about the only issue I didn't have with the Harmony. My Harmony behaved different every day. I am no longer using it at all. With that said, it didn't seem to have any issues with the receiver.

It's possible that when devices are turned on more or less at the same time by the harmony, there's some handshake that fails. I seem to recall having some similar issue at one point... You can go into the activity details and tweak the order in which things are turned on, and possibly even add delays between them, see if that helps. Unfortunately there's no "one size fits all" solution here, may just require some fiddling.

It's possible that when devices are turned on more or less at the same time by the harmony, there's some handshake that fails. I seem to recall having some similar issue at one point... You can go into the activity details and tweak the order in which things are turned on, and possibly even add delays between them, see if that helps. Unfortunately there's no "one size fits all" solution here, may just require some fiddling.
Yeah I was thinking putting in delays might help.

Last edited:
Back