• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Another good Theater setup.

Pretty slick, but I think the display is way too high and I wonder about the sub placement.

Seems like the speakers would get boomy within another enclosure. Not a fan of their tastes with all the knick knacks. Eagle much?

Crap - I unwisely turned of U Block Origin ad blocker temporarily so that the slide show would load, and was immediately greeted with so much crap, ads and banners that literally froze up the web page. Fuck that!

While the HT in the slides has some really nice cabinetry work, nothing about it is good for performance while watching movies. I mean, the TV is too high, the speakers are nowhere close to ideal locations, the subs are terribly placed, and so on. Sure, it looks sweet, but none of the decisions made had anything to do with performance.

That's fine, by the way, just a real shame he didn't make any effort to get the acoustics or visual right.

Wait.... there is a chance he could eliminate baffle step issues by cutting a wooden baffle to tightly fit around the speakers in the cabinets so the speakers' native front baffles are extended out to the edge of the cabinet. That would be one potential opportunity to do something with the existing design to improve the performance.

Wait.... there is a chance he could eliminate baffle step issues by cutting a wooden baffle to tightly fit around the speakers in the cabinets so the speakers' native front baffles are extended out to the edge of the cabinet. That would be one potential opportunity to do something with the existing design to improve the performance.
You should write Him... If he wasn't out eagle watching

Why? The work is done. Who wants to hear some a-hole telling them all the effort was basically wasted?
Complete sarcasm all while questioning the knick knacks. I did like the star wars theater build with the changing of lighting on another theater. But for the equipment it seems they spent so much on just the room build

Pretty slick, but I think the display is way too high and I wonder about the sub placement.

Page locked up so I only got started and said screw it.

As far as the display height goes, and I am not just blindly trying to defend what I did, but mine is definitely higher than what is recommended and I promise you it doesn't bother me or anyone else who has watched it. Movies, binge watching whatever, of just casually watching the news, its fine.

I have been very pleased with it and yes it is too high, no it doesn't bother me or anyone else and most are really pleased with how clean the install was, but I promise you it absolutely beats the snot out of the old flat screen tube placed in the corner cuz there was no place else to put it.

Page locked up so I only got started and said screw it.

As far as the display height goes, and I am not just blindly trying to defend what I did, but mine is definitely higher than what is recommended and I promise you it doesn't bother me or anyone else who has watched it. Movies, binge watching whatever, of just casually watching the news, its fine.

I have been very pleased with it and yes it is too high, no it doesn't bother me or anyone else and most are really pleased with how clean the install was, but I promise you it absolutely beats the snot out of the old flat screen tube placed in the corner cuz there was no place else to put it.

It appears this guy's large flatscreen TV is mounted about 5.5 feet above the ground. He appears to have 9 foot high ceilings and the TV is about 10 inches from the ceiling.

It appears this guy's large flatscreen TV is mounted about 5.5 feet above the ground. He appears to have 9 foot high ceilings and the TV is about 10 inches from the ceiling.

Mine is probably close to that. I have pics in my Plasma Project thread. I may measure tonight just for giggles.

From what I can tell, his TV would be too high if he had a common 8 foot high ceiling.

Everyone’s priorities are different. With the fire place on the right and door on the left the guy only had a small amount of space to squeeze everything in, which forced the TV to go up. My LR television is also mounted too high. For purely aesthetic reasons I wanted a very wide shelf below and above the TV and it just looked bad if the lower shelf were low enough for the soundbar and TV to be at the optimal height.

Side note....
I only made it a few pics in. Once I realized that every picture was another web page driving up CNET’s pageviews I bailed out. I haaaaaaaate stuff like that.

Hey, this works for him and he is getting press from CNET for his work. The work is very good, indeed.

I just know that in the same space, I would have made several different decisions which resulting in pretty much the exact same aesthetic, but sounded much better. Simple rules acoustics need only be applied. But that's just me.

When has that ever stopped you before?

Look, you assholes chose to stay here after you realized what a dick I was. I now consider you my very closest friends for putting up with me. This guy is an innocent schlub who didn't ask for my advice.

Back