• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Haywood's New Family Room TV

Haywood

Famous
I just bought a TCL 65R614 TV for my family room and expect to get it on Thursday. Every review I've read ranks this as the best TV on the market for anywhere near its price point and the price recently dropped by more than $100. It will be interesting to see if it is as good as claimed, but I will not be setting it up for a few weeks. It is part of an ongoing project that I will eventually share with the forum.

Well how is this new tv?

It arrived while I was at Flint's and I have not had a chance to unbox it yet. I will probably do so tonight to make sure everything looks good, but I will probably not be able to set it up properly for another month. It is part of a larger project that I cannot talk about yet, but should be able to by the time things are set up.

It arrived while I was at Flint's and I have not had a chance to unbox it yet. I will probably do so tonight to make sure everything looks good, but I will probably not be able to set it up properly for another month. It is part of a larger project that I cannot talk about yet, but should be able to by the time things are set up.
Bump...que pasa en la casa?

Interested as I'm wondering if I should get the 4th level for $799 or the 6th level for $1299

I cannot believe how good this TV looks for what I spent on it. All the reviews that say you need to double the money to get a better set are right. This looks way better than it should. The blacks are surprisingly decent with minimal haloing. HDR is outstanding. The color reproduction is pretty accurate without much tinkering. The only ding on it is that there is some darkening in the corners, which is a very common problem that can only be avoided by a spending a lot more money.

Unless you are willing to shell out $1500+ on a TV, I cannot recommend this one highly enough.

P.S. The 6 Series is a LOT better than the 4 Series and I only paid $740 for the 6 Series 65-inch.

Looks like I'll be saving some ducats for the 6 series. Looking at the 75"...

You will not regret it.

I would still go for an OLED, QLED or high-end Sony if I had the budget, but we are talking double to triple the money. The TCL 6 Series purchase happened after I talked myself down from the ledge. I was originally going to spring for a Sony XBR65X950G, but this is going into a product prototype that could get hauled all over the country and will otherwise be sitting in my secondary room. It made no sense. This set looks great without breaking the bank.

Hmmmm, im thinking about a winter project and replacing the display downstairs.

i tried googling the tv model based on your initial description in the first post. funny, it went directly into this thread. scary that it did that, thought id let you know.

do you have the amazon link by chance haywood? i appreciate it.

You will not regret it.

I would still go for an OLED, QLED or high-end Sony if I had the budget, but we are talking double to triple the money. The TCL 6 Series purchase happened after I talked myself down from the ledge. I was originally going to spring for a Sony XBR65X950G, but this is going into a product prototype that could get hauled all over the country and will otherwise be sitting in my secondary room. It made no sense. This set looks great without breaking the bank.
Only way I have the budget for the OLED,QLED,Sony would be if I waited for the price to come down to near the current TCL price, which would mean a year or more at the very least.

I'm thinking around Black Friday is probably purchase time for me. Take advantage of any sales.
Do TV manufacturers have any predictable release cycle?
Anyway...the TCL 6 is in my sights.

Only way I have the budget for the OLED,QLED,Sony would be if I waited for the price to come down to near the current TCL price, which would mean a year or more at the very least.

I'm thinking around Black Friday is probably purchase time for me. Take advantage of any sales.
Do TV manufacturers have any predictable release cycle?
Anyway...the TCL 6 is in my sights.
Or you do like I did. I used my VISA points towards my tv purchase. Apparently I have been spending way too much on VISA!!:shocked:

One of the things that excited me about this TV and the soon-to-be-revealed product prototype I'm putting it in is that our family room is really cozy with all our Christmas decorations and fireplace during the upcoming holiday season and we will be able to enjoy it while watching stuff in there without feeling like it is a huge step down.

One of the things that excited me about this TV and the soon-to-be-revealed product prototype I'm putting it in is that our family room is really cozy with all our Christmas decorations and fireplace during the upcoming holiday season and we will be able to enjoy it while watching stuff in there without feeling like it is a huge step down.
I know you can't tell us about your new venture yet Haywood but damn...stop with the teasers. You're killing me!!

Back