• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

So who's got Disney + ?

I think all of those are still on Netflix. Heh Disney had a contract with some other providers, what are they supposed to do ignore the contract? Its not like they will never be on Disney.

I really do not understand all the fuss.

Really?
Some of Disney’s highest demanded products aren’t available on Disney’s own service, you have to subscribe to another service to get those. It’s like paying for HBO’s service but having to also pay for Netflix to watch GOT. Or paying for CBS All Access and having to pay for Hulu to watch Big Bang Theory.

Really?
Some of Disney’s highest demanded products aren’t available on Disney’s own service, you have to subscribe to another service to get those. It’s like paying for HBO’s service but having to also pay for Netflix to watch GOT. Or paying for CBS All Access and having to pay for Hulu to watch Big Bang Theory.

This sounds perfectly normal to me. The content goes where the owners and the services agree it will be best for each to make money. If they know they will lose money on these deals, they won't do them. If they think they will make money on these deals, they will continue.

But, if Disney, by far the largest studio in the world, unilaterally violates all their prior agreements in order to put all of their studio content on their service, the SEC and FTC will send an army of anti-competitive investigators into all their offices with warrants and break them up so fast we'd forget they were ever a thing.

Really?

Along with what Flint said there is a huge amount of content on Disney. Why be concerned by a few shows that are not on the service. I would never get a service for a small number of shows, just not worth it. If a person is so interested in a single or just several shows don't get the service or try the free trial and then don't sign up.

There are not doing this with origional content specfically for the service such as the Mandolorian. It is back catalogue that WILL eventually be on the service.

Oh and BBT is not avalable on CBS All Access or any where right now. And if you want to watch back sesons of Elementary ( a CBS show) you have to have Hulu so it is not as uncommon as you make it seem.

This sounds perfectly normal to me. The content goes where the owners and the services agree it will be best for each to make money.

Normal and acceptable are two different t things.

We’re in a very fluid period of streaming as it transitions to being the main source of material for more and more viewers, the content creators and owners will adapt. and I’m fairly sure we won’t have to worry much about it moving forward over the next several years. Unless some contract exists saying “Company X streaming service” prepurchased the rights to something like The Rise of Skywalker before Disney knew that Disney+ would ever exist, I’d guess there’s next to a 0% chance it winds up on any service other than Disney+ or Digital copy.

Nah ... There will inevitably be an additional tier, let’s call it “Disney Plus Extra” with exclusive content not available on the old Plus platform.

Even with the proliferation of streaming services, I'm still paying less than I did for a cable package. It would still be a good deal at the same price as a cable package, because there is far more content and I don't have to watch advertising. I HATE watching ads and am more than happy to pay a few extra bucks for the privilege of not watching them. So far, the streaming services seem amenable to that model and that makes me happy.

Even with the proliferation of streaming services, I'm still paying less than I did for a cable package. It would still be a good deal at the same price as a cable package, because there is far more content and I don't have to watch advertising. I HATE watching ads and am more than happy to pay a few extra bucks for the privilege of not watching them. So far, the streaming services seem amenable to that model and that makes me happy.

I love streaming for all the reasons you mentioned. But it appears that with the proliferation of streaming services piracy will be making a come back as well.

https://www.newsweek.com/streaming-...s-netflix-hulu-piracy-torrenting-risk-1464648

I did not read this article but another one I read which I can't find right now says that piracy has already started to increase.

Mr.6

ps- I like Disney+ but it needs work. How do I start over from the beginning of a tv show or movie? It shouldn't be this difficult.

Funny... when the service launched I was AT Disney. So I'm only now getting into it.

Holy fricking cow. I've yet to really uncork the new system since I don't have much Dolby Atmos content, but via the Apple TV this supports 4K HDR and Atmos. The look and sound is amazing. There's enough content on this to keep a person busy for ages. I fired up Star Wars (Episode IV) and it's incredible. It didn't sound like this in the theater.

I love streaming for all the reasons you mentioned. But it appears that with the proliferation of streaming services piracy will be making a come back as well.

https://www.newsweek.com/streaming-...s-netflix-hulu-piracy-torrenting-risk-1464648

I did not read this article but another one I read which I can't find right now says that piracy has already started to increase.

The irony is that the proliferation of streaming services and availability of content is why I stopped pirating. I never did it to save money.

Hulu announces 22% price increase

Everything I've seen indicates it is for the Hulu + Live. All I have is the streaming without ads for $12/month., which I have found no reference to regarding a price increase. I have no doubt they will eventually raise the price on the service level I have.

Oh and BBT is not avalable on CBS All Access or any where right now. And if you want to watch back sesons of Elementary ( a CBS show) you have to have Hulu so it is not as uncommon as you make it seem.

Big Bang Theory can be streamed from TBS (who has the syndication rights right now). It just underscores the mess of trying to keep things straight.

Everything I've seen indicates it is for the Hulu + Live. All I have is the streaming without ads for $12/month., which I have found no reference to regarding a price increase. I have no doubt they will eventually raise the price on the service level I have.

Thanks, I’ll be sure to preface all my future posts with references to the exact services and products that you have.

Thanks, I’ll be sure to preface all my future posts with references to the exact services and products that you have.

Lighten up. I wasn't criticizing you I was just expounding on the lead of the article.

I have been experiencing some super annoying video quality issues all day, specifically picture freezing and stuttering. It’s limited to only Disney+

My son got on me today to get Disney+ (since he shares Netflix with me, he wants to share Disney+). So, I asked him to list the shows I would want to watch. He couldn't think of any then started questioning if he really wanted it. Turns out, he agrees with me that Disney has pretty much ruined Star Wars, the Marvell universe, and just about everything they've touched.

Back