• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

HBO MAX Release Date Announced

I have never understood the attraction of viewing movies and TV shows on a phone.

Maybe you don’t get out enough ...
While waiting at the optometrist I watched a bit of an episode of BBT. We’re on vacation and the wife goes to the grocery store and I watch an old episode of Home Movies while I wait on the car. I’m napping in the camper with an old movie as background noise. At my office desk I can listen to a news station with headphones and not bother anyone.

I have never understood the attraction of viewing movies and TV shows on a phone.
While sitting on my ass at my kids practices (pre-Covid) if I wasn't BSing with other parents, I'd watch a movie/show or something. Thursday night football. Etc.
For others sitting in the car...you can only play SOOOOOO much Candy Crush...amIrite?

While sitting on my ass at my kids practices (pre-Covid) if I wasn't BSing with other parents, I'd watch a movie/show or something. Thursday night football. Etc.
For others sitting in the car...you can only play SOOOOOO much Candy Crush...amIrite?

Maybe you don’t get out enough ...
While waiting at the optometrist I watched a bit of an episode of BBT. We’re on vacation and the wife goes to the grocery store and I watch an old episode of Home Movies while I wait on the car. I’m napping in the camper with an old movie as background noise. At my office desk I can listen to a news station with headphones and not bother anyone.

I will probably piss you guys off and I apologize but I find it very sad you feel you must use screen time to get thru life.

Enjoy the moment around you, you are missing so much.

Last edited:
Eh, people kill time in various useless ways. :laughing: I play video games...

I will probably puss you guys off and I apologize but I find it very sad you feel you must use screen time to get thru life.

Okay boomer ... I will strive to enjoy sitting in my truck waiting to be allowed into the optometrist office because they can’t let more than two people in at a time.

Okay boomer ... I will strive to enjoy sitting in my truck waiting to be allowed into the optometrist office because they can’t let more than two people in at a time.
You could always listen to the radio

You could always listen to the radio

I could do lots of things... listen to commercials with a song mixed in every now and then ... read yet another news article about some aspect of coronavirus ... jerk off ... or watch an episode of Rick and Morty on my phone ... none of these are bad things.

I will probably piss you guys off and I apologize but I find it very sad you feel you must use screen time to get thru life.

No worries. I don't feel that I must.
But its a damn sight better than watching annoying kids not listen to their coach.

I could do lots of things... listen to commercials with a song mixed in every now and then ... read yet another news article about some aspect of coronavirus ... jerk off ... or watch an episode of Rick and Morty on my phone ... none of these are bad things.
I don't think I labeled any behavior as "bad" . Do what pleases you. I am simply stating my thoughts on the issue

My wife and I have been listening to audio books on the back porch in the evening recently and are enjoying it. We are listening to Fool by Christopher Moore, which is one of my favorite books and new to her.

Is HBO Max on Roku at this point? I haven't looked in a while...
On my TCL TV which has Roku built in, I saw a banner for some shows on HBO Max.
Intrigued, I clicked to see if it would start playing...and it does.
Is it a "Free Trial" or have they come to an agreement?

Is HBO Max on Roku at this point? I haven't looked in a while...
On my TCL TV which has Roku built in, I saw a banner for some shows on HBO Max.
Intrigued, I clicked to see if it would start playing...and it does.
Is it a "Free Trial" or have they come to an agreement?

Doesn't look like it yet from a quick googling.

Rose and I have cell service with AT&T. We changed an old unlimited plan to the new unlimited plan. It is cheaper, includes cell hot spot and HBO Max. It allows three connections at a time. So multiple viewing platforms that may include phones, tv's and tablets. These do not have to be at the same location. We just finished watching Raised By Wolves.

Last edited:
I couldn't find it either.

Don't have any idea who is more to blame but the whole situation seems really childish

I’ll just say that if the HBO Max app was being treated like literally every other app on the Roku and Amazon platforms, it’d be on the Roku and Amazon platforms.

I’ll just say that if the HBO Max app was being treated like literally every other app on the Roku and Amazon platforms, it’d be on the Roku and Amazon platforms.

It is a money dispute. They do not want to pay Roku and Amazon what they are asking for. Just grab the new "Chromecast with Google TV" device for $50. It just came out, sports the new Google TV operating system replacing Android TV (it is just a rebrand and a new skin) and gets good reviews. It also supports both HBO Max and Peacock.

I cancelled the HBO service ( not Max) I get thru Roku. I refuse to give AT&T anymore movie until they get this whole mess straightened out.

The reports I read vary on the party most responsible for the deadlock but it appears Roku just wants the deal other services like Disney and Peacock have

Why Roku Really Needs HBO Max... And Why It Really Does Not

Why HBO Max Needs to ‘Blink First’ in Standoff With Roku

I can’t go into much detail but will say that many of the things stated in the linked articles regarding the sticking points between Roku and Warne/AT&T are based inaccurate and incomplete information.

Back