• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Matrix 4 Trailer drops Thursday...

I’m lukewarm on The Matrix but I’ll definitely go see it because I still love going out to the theater. But it strikes me as being what Star Wars Episode 7 was to A New Hope.

Of course I’ll form my own opinion but early reviews are mixed.

I see this is available on HBO Max.
Yup watching it tonight. Was originally planning on going to theater but COVID is spiking like crazy around so I'll stay home and give the home theater a proper workout. Hopefully the streaming quality is good.

3/4 through it I was spent after hellish work day we paused and will resume this weekend and post thoughts.

Lol one of the negative aspects of watching at home imo, I hate interrupting new movies.
Same here I was trying to stay awake but work has been nuts this week trying to wrap up loose ends before holiday break. And my girlfriend is in healthcare which has been even more nuts times infinity with all the COVID calls, tests, vaccines, questions, panic, etc. We gave it an honest effort but bailed with about 45min remaining. Not a commentary on how much we liked or disliked the film I will reserve judgement until we finish it.

watched it last night. will wait for peeps opinions in a few days or so. otherwise, spoiler placed for quick opinion...

it was a bit painful to watch. have to remember, this movie for me and probably a lot of us, has set a high bar for movies. this was my first ever vhs purchase i made and watched it a stereo system.

in general, there was a lot of 'flashbacks' giving tribute to the first of the series, inserting more easter eggs here and there. it drew too much basis or need towards the past, to bring out the future. but the future felt like it didnt come.

there was a lot of hype, a lot of want, a lot of fans hoping for some sort of redemption. alas, i felt a bit disappointed.

sidenote, SF Mayor london breed was in the movie. ugh.

watched it last night. will wait for peeps opinions in a few days or so. otherwise, spoiler placed for quick opinion...

Pretty much agree it was more reminiscing then interesting new story or content.

But having said that I did enjoy a lot of the familiar reminiscing and especially when Trinity finally emerged (and told her computer simulated husband to stop calling her Tiffany). I look at it this way... it's another Matrix sequel. None of which lived up to the first one. But it's decent eye candy and home theater candy as well. Looked and sounded great on my system. Worth watching IMO if you were a fan of the series just don't expect anything particularly new or ground breaking. If anything it's more of a nostalgic love story between Neo and Trinity then anything.

Back