• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Best way to get HBO

Huey

Famous
With Winter coming on July 16th, we are going to add HBO to our programming, and was wondering if anybody had any dealings with Amazon and their HBO channel? We have Dish, so we could always go that route, but if I can stream older HBO shows on Amazon, I'm thinking that would be the way to go. I do understand that unlike Netflix, Game of Thrones will still only be available to stream as the episodes appear in the schedule, but I'm hoping we can watch something like the last season of Boardwalk Empire which we missed.

I use the HBO NOW streaming service via my Roku costs $15.00/month. Could also watch HBO on computer and other devices. I like it because all episodes of every HBO series is available at any time and a large selection of movies. The movie they premire os Sat. nights is available right away. I consider HBO NOW to be one of the best of not the best streamng channel I have.

For the last 3-4 months I've been a DirectvNow subscriber and HBO is only $5/mo extra thru that service. That subscription also gives me HBO Go credentials.

Thanks for the input guys. I think HBO now comes with my subscription if I order it through Dish? Maybe that's what Amazon is using as well, you just pay Amazon instead of Dish maybe? Amazon has a free seven day trial, so I may go that way and give it a try.

No HBO Go is the companion service when you have an existing HBO subscription through another provider like the Dish example. In that case the app and access to content cost no additional $ for as long as you subscribe. If you drop dish, you could then setup and HBO Now account to watch on mobile devices on a set-top box like TiVo, AppleTv or Roku for example.

No HBO Go is the companion service when you have an existing HBO subscription through another provider like the Dish example. In that case the app and access to content cost no additional $ for as long as you subscribe. If you drop dish, you could then setup and HBO Now account to watch on mobile devices on a set-top box like TiVo, AppleTv or Roku for example.
Didn't realize there were two services out there. Which one would allow us to watch the most HBO shows? Or will they both do that?

Other than HBO Now is subscription based, they're virtually identical. And so far as I know gives access to the same content.

Thanks guys for the info. Still don't know which way I'm gonna go, but it sounds like I can't go wrong either way.

Back