• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

AC: Origins

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
So, its been a while since ive played AC, got burnt out via Black flag, and didnt even bother finishing it.

10 years in, and we have origins,

just a quick overview,

1. combat system changed - difficult to parry or block, but definitley fun. reminds me of the dark souls kind of forum.

2. true sandbox, but difficult since 'open worlds' discovered are mostly out of your league, meaning all of them show skulls and cannot be beaten without a hard ass kicking.

3. characters are nice, but at times accent can get to you.

the first chapter, man, heart wrenching.

little tip,

spoiler lite:

when its time to go 'somewhere', visiting a new city or land, remember to UNLOCK A FAST TRAVEL POINT before leaving. made that mistake, and went back to the home town, but couldnt get back despite 'being there'.

i had to trek the entire way via roads and as ive mentioned, new areas were 20 levels above me.

great game, big big new breathe of fresh air into a little tired game series.

worth the buy if you got the time.

I'm really looking forward to playing Origins, just not willing to shell out full price right now. Soon though... I've played every installment of AC, and have enjoyed them all. Some more than others sure, but still if's one of my favorite franchises.

quick feedback,

this is an amazing game.

lots of details, small and big are in this game. it shows that passing one year (they didnt release anything last year, the most recent one was syndicate),

great gameplay, albeit a bit higher learning curve to understand the combat system - read: bloodborne type, based on adrenaline.

i enjoy it, and have been grinding a bit to get some more moolah.

other than that, very impressed and very expensive.

been microtransactin a LOT this time, about 50 dollars in. why?

because i ENJOY it.

I'm really anxious to get into this game, but I gather that the PC version has some serious performance issues related to copy protection. I'm hoping that'll be addressed in an update, and meanwhile might wait for the price to drop some.

quick update, been playing this CONSTANTLY.

ITS THAT GOOD.

not ezio good, but between him and the native american good. storyline is fantastic, and some great missions too.

if there is a time to get it now would be a good time, avoid downloading patch 1.05 if you plan on exploiting some current game glitches.

it sucks because ive already plopped down a good 40 for micro transactions and another 30 for the season pass.

this game is almost a hundred bucks worth for me.

and its worth

every.
single.
drachma.

sidenote,

the protagonist is horny.

Ok finally broke down and bought it, reasonable pre-Christmas sale. Wow this game, as usual, really pushes the limits of my system. My gaming PC is ~4-5 years old now, I'd love to upgrade but I can't afford it right now. Ah well, no ultra quality mode for me. ;) Still quite playable so far, though.

personally it doesnt have to be un ultra hd mode etc. the game in vanilla flavor should suffice due to its storyline and/or concept.

did you have a hard time adjusting to not 'running'? hehehe.

oh, gone are the days of climbing up a wall then reverse jumping.

an annoyance since AC1

im still playing this, and slowly enjoying it despite all maxed out at 40, im playing the main missions ranked 24.

Back