• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Adele fans

Botch

MetaBotch Doggy Dogg Mellencamp
Superstar
Just a head's-up, Adele's "comeback" concert will be on CBS tonight, 7 MST. The venue looked stunning in the previews, outdoors at some observatory. I'm looking forward to it.

I was a bit disappointed. The filmwork was stunning, beautiful locale (why anyone would build an observatory right next to the "city of lights", I have no idea; tourism, I guess). They had to keep interrupting the show with an Oprah interview, which was irritating. And the sound just wasn't that good, the only time the surrounds were used was for applause.
And when they interrupted the show again for another irritating public marriage proposal I hit "Record" on the DVR and went to bed (wasn't feeling well yesterday). I did something wrong, nothing on my DVR this morning, although I'm sure it'll be rebroadcast or on the web somewhere.

So I went ahead and went downstairs and flipped between Adele and football.
The wife followed and sat with me to watch.
I suppose we had different expectations as I thought it was ok.
The interview parts were annoying for sure but I kept living back-and-forth to football for that reason I just tried to catch as much of the music as I could.

I wasn't expecting anything really stunning from the surround sound mix because it was just off cable but my little audio engine a 5 plus speakers that are sitting in front of the projection screen really sounded good in 2 channel and my untreated room.

I thought it was ok and a nice departure from football only.

I was a bit disappointed. The filmwork was stunning, beautiful locale (why anyone would build an observatory right next to the "city of lights", I have no idea; tourism, I guess). They had to keep interrupting the show with an Oprah interview, which was irritating. And the sound just wasn't that good, the only time the surrounds were used was for applause.
And when they interrupted the show again for another irritating public marriage proposal I hit "Record" on the DVR and went to bed (wasn't feeling well yesterday). I did something wrong, nothing on my DVR this morning, although I'm sure it'll be rebroadcast or on the web somewhere.
I suspect when the Griffith Observatory was built in 1935 light pollution was not as much of a problem. I told my wife about it so she watched (fell asleep after a half hour) while I gamed on the PC. I knew I wouldn't want to watch because a) Oprah irritates me and b) I think I have tired of Adele's voice.
It was a bit trippy to see Seth Rogen in the opening shot. My guess he was high...he is always high!!

Back