• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Alien: Romulus

Hot Monkey

Pretty psyched for this. Bridges the timeline gap between Alien and Aliens when the colonists settled and were wiped out while Ripley (and cat) were in cryo-sleep before she was recruited to accompany Hicks and the Marines to go investigate.

More horror than action similar to the original ALIEN it would seem, right?
You know what would be acceptable, if this does well?
A shot for shot remake of ALIENS...that would be cool. Maybe

More horror than action similar to the original ALIEN it would seem, right?
Definitely has that Alien horror vibe. Hoping for possible horror/sci-fi greatness even if not quite up to the standard of the original.
A shot for shot remake of ALIENS...that would be cool. Maybe
As much as I think it would be very cool to see this with modern cleaned up effects and even a little darker horror vibe vs. what I consider to be pretty much an action movie (albeit an all time great one)... I don't know if it would be possible to recreate such iconic characters and performances. I mean Sigourney Weaver is Ripley. Lance Henriksen is Bishop. And even all the smaller roles are nailed and so iconic. Hicks, Burke, Hudson, Vasquez, Gorman... just ensemble cast character names but I immediately identify them with the actors that played them. Would probably have a hard time seeing new faces playing such iconic roles. And as dated as some of the Stan Winston effects may look now... at the time we all bought into them and they were state of the art for that era. Aliens, The Thing, others... maybe some of the last great scary monster sci-fi flicks with such amazing practical effects. Maybe even scarier as a result.

Definitely has that Alien horror vibe. Hoping for possible horror/sci-fi greatness even if not quite up to the standard of the original.

As much as I think it would be very cool to see this with modern cleaned up effects and even a little darker horror vibe vs. what I consider to be pretty much an action movie (albeit an all time great one)... I don't know if it would be possible to recreate such iconic characters and performances. I mean Sigourney Weaver is Ripley. Lance Henriksen is Bishop. And even all the smaller roles are nailed and so iconic. Hicks, Burke, Hudson, Vasquez, Gorman... just ensemble cast character names but I immediately identify them with the actors that played them. Would probably have a hard time seeing new faces playing such iconic roles. And as dated as some of the Stan Winston effects may look now... at the time we all bought into them and they were state of the art for that era. Aliens, The Thing, others... maybe some of the last great scary monster sci-fi flicks with such amazing practical effects. Maybe even scarier as a result.
Well said and very much agreed.
That cast worked perfectly...I'm going to put that up for a family movie night. Been a while since I've seen Alien/Aliens
But...if that new one does well, let's see what happens. I wouldn't put it past Hollyweird

Back