• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Apple TV 4K is available at Amazon - yippee???

I don't know about intrigued.....but I'm most likely to get the 4K Apple TV from Amazon if they have it in stock when I want to purchase it. I expect to be loading the Amazon Prime Video app on the device to consolidate all my viewing apps in one place.

I'll pick one up once the Amazon Prime Video app is available. It'll replace the non-HDR FireTV in the HT and the FireTV will move to the living room. I'm also contemplating replacing the Samsung UHD player with an Oppo but considering it took me almost six months to buy a freakin' cordless vacuum, that probably won't happen anytime soon.

I picked one up. I didn't have anything that would stream my iTunes movies at 4K (and some of them have been updated). Amazon's app being available might be nice, but it's not a deal breaker- my 4K display has a 4K enabled Amazon app built into it, so I didn't need the ATV for it. As a matter of fact, I'm not sure how many 4K displays AREN'T smart TVs.

I grabbed one for the HT even though the Amazon Video app still isn’t available. One thing I really like is that it always outputs the same resolution. I know a lot of people on AVS are bitching about some of the technical aspects of that but it works great with my projector. With both the Fire TV and Samsung UHD player, video would cut out as it went from the YouTube home screen to an ad and then again to the video. Ditto with the Amazon video app - multiple dropouts transitioning from menu to video. The Apple TV has had no such dropouts so far.

I love the fact that you can now buy (most) movies from Amazon, Google or Apple and have the movie available on all three. For the first time, there is actual price competition between the Big Three, which I think is exciting. I would have considered an ATV myself were it not for the 400 movies in my library that are not part of Movies Anywhere.

Back