• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Are all rock drummers boring hacks compared to jazz drummers?

:rofl:

45767891_1942723749144051_1937697482255368192_o.jpg

He needs lessons and a ton of practice. He plays as if he's been playing drums for about a year and is imitating the radio.

I mean, watch his solo this past June:

You could go to any high school in America and find four Sophomores who are better drummers that that, meaning there are tens of thousands of better drummers without driver's licenses out there who could do better. At least John Bonham could drive a grove both compliment and contradict the rhythms his band was playing, and maintain the difficult to maintain a solid grove on "Purdy Shuffle" in an odd time signature blue rock latin thing.

Yeah but... his hair flies around a lot, that's cool, right?

Yeah but... his hair flies around a lot, that's cool, right?

He LOOKS exactly like a rock god! I hope he's cashing in on that in more ways than appearing on stage. His hairline is perfect for his long locks.

And here's the drummer Danny is supposed be stealing licks from, the unstoppable John Bonham when he was just a year older than Danny:

I don't think Danny is going to reach that level of complexity, contribution to the songs, and feel over the next year - though I hope he does. Maybe then I could enjoy the vacuous copycat Greta Van Fleet and believe there is some cake under all that saccharine and petroleum-byproduct frosting they are serving so far.

And here's Jack DeJohnette, a legendary jazz drummer who usually plays swing style light small combo jazz, playing a rather huge drum kit doing his one man version of "A Love Supreme".

And here's Jack DeJohnette, a legendary jazz drummer who usually plays swing style light small combo jazz, playing a rather huge drum kit doing his one man version of "A Love Supreme".

That would be cooler if his hair was all flingin about like the guy from GVF!

Back