• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Assassins creed : 3

jomari

War Never Changes
Famous
AC3 just came out around a week or so ago i think....

initial thoughts,
1. the graphics looks smoother, almost 'buttery'. not as sharp as ACR was, but its still beautiful. i think it NEEDS such texture to hold itself together with certain scenes et al, if too much detail, might cause problems in the long run. essentially, it does and causes texture problems especially if moving a bit too fast for the processor.

2. desmond does not look like himself. it was bad in ACR but i cant even recognize him here.

3. low cut jeans suck. or maybe low cut hips that desmond has.

4. okay, game play, this ones a bit of a doozy. no more R1 and X for free roam. you just use the R1 button. at times it works, at times, it felt like AC2 again, with the character running up a wall or climbing up shit when not needed.

will finish this up when i get home...

Very anxious to play this game; I was annoyed that it was on sale for ps3/xbox this weekend for $35 but the PC version was/is still $50... oh well, maybe it'll come down by Christmas.

FYI, as someone interested in computer graphics tech, I thought this little snippet on some of the tech used in AC3 on the PC was pretty cool, apparently in this case the PC version will look substantially better than the consoles.

:text-link:

Of course, that's partly an ad for nVidia :eusa-whistle: but still, that's what I've got in my new PC (GTX 660).

totally forgot about putting in more info here, and well, after a big more time on it, its been quite impressive.

sadly tho, i kinda liked ezio's character, the protagonist here, despite its origins, is very dynamic as well, its just that his 'character' his 'charm' isnt there YET.

it takes time to build a character or a 'hero' you will be playing, and to get to mesh with him. ezio too took a while as well.

anyways, im kinda caught up already with most of the homestead missions, and/or the nautical missions as well.

i kinda got tired of it, and started playing absolution.

nonetheless, this is a great game im going to get back into after i finish hitman.

Scored AC3 on ebay for $22 - merry Christmas to me! :D

Been playing this some - actually a lot :laughing: - over the past few days, love it! I love the major plot twist at the beginning. I like running around in the trees. The graphics are really quite good on the PC, too! Very enjoyable game.

PaulyT said:
Been playing this some - actually a lot :laughing: - over the past few days, love it! I love the major plot twist at the beginning. I like running around in the trees. The graphics are really quite good on the PC, too! Very enjoyable game.

good to know buddy, if you love running around in the trees, wait till snow comes. you'd HATE trekking on ground in the snow. i never considered that part annoying until then.

Finished the game - or at least, the main plot line, and the majority of the side missions. There was some stuff I couldn't figure out how to do, missions that didn't show up on the map... and some things I thought were kinda pointless (the assassin trainee stuff for example). But overall, this was an EXCELLENT game, with a very compelling storyline. Clearly a lot of thought has been put into it, and I really like how they handled some things (e.g. a funeral at the end, and the explanation of how/why Connor got his name was subtle but powerful). It makes the game feel more like an interactive movie than a "video game" which really appeals to me.

Jury's still out on whether I like Connor more than Ezio. While I loved the setting of AC3 and the interaction with American history (I learned some stuff about the Revolutionary war, for sure - assuming that it was at all accurate but I think it was at least in the major points), I didn't feel that Connor connected with his surroundings as deeply as Ezio did. He seemed more of an observer than a real part of it. However, I loved the hunting, there is where this game and Connor's character shined for me, it was just cool to play a native American running around in the woods and hunting various game. And no I'm not a hunter in real life, this is as close as I get. :)

Anyway, great, great game.

Glad to know you liked it pauly,

I havent finished it yet, around 70 percent into sync. trophies to be collected and all. yup, you guessed right, im always into the side missions before going fully into the main storyline. good thing i skipped some of your phrases in your previous post.. :happy-smileygiantred:

on a sidenote, i love connor, but man, hes got a LOT to work on to be honored like Ezio was. i think thats the thing about this game, its not 'trying' to be ezio, but giving you a 'chance' to relate to another character. will it be as strong as he was? i dunno, but if so, we have a lot to look forward to depending on its ending. (like i said, im not there yet).

Back