• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Bathroom HT.

Towen7

Staff member
I've been pushed into doing a complete makeover of our master bath. Since I have all of the drywall off it occurred to me that if I wanted to mount a television over the tub that NOW would be the time to run the required stuff (conduit/wiring/reinforce the wall) to do it. The it occurred to me that maybe I'm taking this AV enthusiast thing a little too far. What I have in mind is something like this picture I found on the webz but with a "slightly" larger set.

Am I crazy?

69677c6d959a967408512e4254c2c1f8_zpsf2e9eb6e.jpg

If Dane were still around he could give you some pointers on BR sub installation, and no, you're not crazy.

Rope

lulimet said:
How much time do you spend in there for it to be worth it?
^This.

If either of you ever soak in the tub long enough to watch a show - and do so frequently enough - I say do it. Even if you just want to listen to Sports Center in the morning while you're showering, shaving or otherwise getting ready in the morning, I still say do it.

If that makes you crazy, then I'll ask that you request for me to be your roommate in the looney bin.

Me? Almost none. I'm not even sure my wife would care if she had it or not. It was just a thought that it may be a relatively easy way (since all the wall surfaces are removed) to add interest and maybe a tiny bit of value to the room.

Towen7 said:
Me? Almost none. I'm not even sure my wife would care if she had it or not. It was just a thought that it may be a relatively easy way (since all the wall surfaces are removed) to add interest and maybe a tiny bit of value to the room.
Given that, save the time, energy and money. Put it toward a BD screen. :happy-smileygiantred:

In hindsight, I suppose wiring it for a small flat screen wouldn't be a total waste. The next people that buy your house may add to their offer because yours is the only house they've looked at with a TV in the bathroom.

Yeah, I say do it. Just don't go overboard.

Okay ... Okay ... I submit. It was just a passing idea.

You guys are right. The money and energy would be better spent elsewhere. I'm hopeful we'll sell the house in a few years anyway.

I dunno, watching kitten videos while soaking in a warm bubble bath with rose petals scattered about would beat a monster truck show any day...

Is that an outside wall or is there another room on the other side? If there's another room, maybe do the wiring, etc to put a TV there.........

I'd pre-wire for it, it's already on your mind...what's a little romex, an HDMI cable, and a 2x6 gonna set you back vs wishing you had done it later and not being able to w/o a bigger headache...just because you prepare for it doesn't mean you have to rush out after a TV.

Towen7 said:
I've been pushed into doing a complete makeover of our master bath. Since I have all of the drywall off it occurred to me that if I wanted to mount a television over the tub that NOW would be the time to run the required stuff (conduit/wiring/reinforce the wall) to do it. The it occurred to me that maybe I'm taking this AV enthusiast thing a little too far. What I have in mind is something like this picture I found on the webz but with a "slightly" larger set.

Am I crazy?

69677c6d959a967408512e4254c2c1f8_zpsf2e9eb6e.jpg

With as much time as I spend in our master bath in the am, I would luv this set up!

For me, I would rather have it over the primary mirror in the bathroom, not around the bathtub area.
Just my suggestion.

I would be watching Food Network and various news channels as I get ready for my day ahead.

image_zps81bf660a.jpg

The tub is between the shower on the left and the toilet room on the right. The wall on the left will be replaced with glass to enclose the shower. The TV would be mounted on the wall between the tub and toilet.

Putting a little TV on Christy's vanity would be pretty easy too. Good idea.

Back