• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

Blu-Ray issue

TKoP

I tried to play a disc last night and although the audio was fine, the picture was all jacked up. Below is the best picture I could find that mimic'd the video i was getting. It was quite that bad, but close enough.

I tried a different cable, i tried reseating the cable in both the player and the reciever and I tried putting the hdmi cable into a different slot in the reciever. All had the same issue.

Anything I'm missing on trying to fix the player or is it now e-waste?

1581958122483.jpeg

mine was the hdmi handshake from my avr to the tv.

try to see if you can enable handshake on or off, toggle some of the controls on both.

my AVR is a pioneer and sony blu-ray player fed into an LG for reference.

mine was the hdmi handshake from my avr to the tv.

try to see if you can enable handshake on or off, toggle some of the controls on both.

Other sources were fine from the AVR (Onkyo TX-NR609). And for reference, my Blu-Ray player is a Panasonic DVD-CV37.
And I'm not sure how I might manipulate the HDMI handshake.

sorry jacen, havent had time to check your manual, but some AVR's have settings in them, as well as the blu-ray player and/or tv. its a matter of trying to play process of elimination.

of course, if you are able to replicate the problem.

So, famous last words, but I don't think it's going to be a handshake thing where a setting needs to be changed. I haven't changed a setting in forever and it used to work fine. I thought it might have been a bad cable or just needed to be pulled and re-inserted. That wasn't it. I'm hitting tax season, so my spare time is dwindling, so i suspect I'll have to punt on this for a few months. Thanks for the replies.

Figured out the issue... the resolution output from the bluray player wasn't working with the TV and/or receiver. I bumped it to 1080i and it now seems to work fine. I don't know what it could have been to have caused the change other than a power outage and it defaulting to a bad resolution.

Back