• Welcome to The Audio Annex! If you have any trouble logging in or signing up, please contact 'admin - at - theaudioannex.com'. Enjoy!
  • HTTPS (secure web browser connection) has been enabled - just add "https://" to the start of the URL in your address bar, e.g. "https://theaudioannex.com/forum/"
  • Congratulations! If you're seeing this notice, it means you're connected to the new server. Go ahead and post as usual, enjoy!
  • I've just upgraded the forum software to Xenforo 2.0. Please let me know if you have any problems with it. I'm still working on installing styles... coming soon.

BlueTooth headphone amp - Jabra Clipper

Flint

Prodigal Son
Superstar
For several years I've been eyeing the various wearable bluetooth headphone amps on the market because I am not fond of being tied to my phone when listening to music. This past week, Amazon had a daily special on the Jabra Clipper, a small headphone amp with the right controls for how I want to use it.

jabra-clipper-05-08-12-02.jpg

I got the turquoise one and received it yesterday, but just today I took it out of the packaging and am charging it. So far it seems pretty nice. The controls provide a solid click when pressed so I can easily know when I am pressing them. And, the way the three buttons are utilized makes sense to me, so maybe I will remember how to adjust the thing and change tracks and accept or decline calls. The thing I hate about my other bluetooth headsets is I can never remember how to use the buttons. I often accidentally drop calls when I think I am muting, or I'll skip tracks when I think I am adjusting the volume. As such, I am relatively confident I will remember how to use this thing.

I don't know how good it will sound, but I have no intentions of even removing the twisty-wire from the cable on the provided headphones. I will go immediately one of my Shure IEM HP sets.

Once this thing is charged and paired with my phone, I will give it a listen and let yous know what I think.

Neat!

I've been looking for something like this to use while riding my bike. I want to keep the phone on the handlebars so I can see the screen for GPS, track collection, etc but stretching the cord there has been problematic.

Man! This thing works like a champ! After it was charged I paired it with my Windows Phone which has a large collection of my favorite music on it and started listening. It works really well. The sound quality is very good (though not audiophile grade, I don't need that when sitting by the pool or hanging out at the airport). The buttons work exactly as expected. The volume can reach levels I desire (often an issue with small portable devices).

What I don't know is how much battery life I can expect. It uses the standard Micro-USB charging cable, so the same cables I carry around for my phone and other devices will work perfectly.

Yea!

Back